Why does everyone say the same stupid cliche shit?

I am sick to death of hearing people say the same stupid shit. It is like the whole world is linked into a hive brain computer. Occasionly the dumb fucks get a new download. It uploads the new latest stupid bitch saying. For example "I know right.", has been replaced with "right now." What the hell is going on? Do these dumbfucks get a email or something. How do the dumb bitches all know. One minute they are all saying "It is all good.", next its "It is what it is."

Here is a list of the offending stupidity. "Are you serious right now." "Are you kidding me right now." Anything ending in right now. "It is what it is." "It is all good." "I know right." "Lifes good"

Overusing "Wow." "Cool." "Bro" "Bruh" "Like"

If I am talking to someone and they throw out one of these stupid ass phrases I immediately lose respect for the person, their IQ drops 80 points in my eyes and I cannot get away from them quick enough. I think people do it because they think it makes them sounds cute or trendy but to me you sound like a basic bitch, an uninteresting, boring basic bitch. Why do people all want to sound the same. I do not remember this being a thing when i was younger. I can understand school age people doing this and that is a time when you follow trends and try to copy people because you have not found yourself but this is old people too.

Any insight or better yet how can I politely call them out. Let them know this shit is not interesting. I FEEL LIKE I AM HAVING THE SAME CONVERSATION OVER AND OVER. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.

56
27

Have An Opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• sageevalentinee

BLOODY HELL. No one has ever before been able to phrase how I feel so perfectly. Nothing is more maddening than having a one way conversation with a friend, since all they seem to be able to add it: I KNOW RIGHT!!! OMG NO WAY!!! ARGH I FEEL YOU!!! YA, FAIRS!!! EH WHATEVER!!! LIFES CHILL!!!

I think it could be to do with everyone feeling the need to be politically correct all the time, and also not really having any opinion and being too afraid to share them from fear of argument. Conversations are about debating and conversing and compromising. Talking to a robot is no fun.
    When I talk to my boyfriend or parents about politics, or books, or something as simple as food we have interesting opinions, experiences that the other doesn't, we admit we're wrong, and we say when we don't understand. Talking to school friends is useless, you can't talk about anything meaningful, and you always get the same generic answers.

Is this still revelant?
    • Finally someone with brains. Thank you. I think they do it to sound cute and trendy. These are the same assholes that were talking like babies when that was a thing.
      Look at all these moronic fucks who came here to attack me and self righteously state how petty i am. Which is another thing i hate. I call it the new Americsn passtime. Sitting around finding fault and flaws in everyone else instead of improving themselves.
      Anyway. You are my kindred spirit indeed. I am curious to know what your opinion is on other topics.

• Yeah well all those attacking you are guilty of having a 100 word vocabulary! And yes I agree, I've seen so many people, fat and couch potatoes, micro picking on other people's flaws instead of thinking what they could do to improve. I'm quite glad to live in Europe, where I assume our issues aren't as bad as America's especially among the English upper class - very fun people to be around. I'm glad we can relate!

Most Helpful Guys

• Too many narrow bands of information and an arrogant ass elitist society that attacks individuality. Everyone watches the same bullshit netflix series, looks at the same memes, watches the smaller and smaller group of hollywood blockbusters and spends hours and hours on the same 5 websites.

Is this still revelant?
  • FatherJack

Another one... constant use of " literally " as well as the others. Most people are " media " brainwashed , conformist , herd animals... deep down they fear " rocking the boat " will mean rejection by peers. Give me ferrets and dogs over people anytime !!

Is this still revelant?
    • Heaz99

I WAS JUST GOING TO SAY THAT!
      And using LIKE in every damn sentence!!!

2654
  • Nobody-gives-a-finch

Eh. I've heard it before.

• Dihiya

you gorget the "hahaha"

• StickStickity13

Are you kidding bruh?

• -Asca-

Bruh

• Joker_

I know why

• Lizzy3469

I dont see the problem.

• lickem1961

Me eather it's like I like the ones real wemon say like don't you stop you sorry mf or yes yes hell yes or oooyea oooyea you are the mf man

• SilverPoP

I know right

• PrinceOfAljazeera

Are you serious right now?

• Anonymous

You're not any different either. A lot of people feel this way but it's just how we are as humans. We are tribalistic instinctively. We go to people that are similar to us and feels welcoming. You're not better, smarter or special because you dont say those. IT IS WHAT IS! BRO!

• Anonymous

wow
    wow
    wow
    wow
    wow

cool
    cool
    cool
    cool
    cool

bro
    bro
    bro
    bro
    bro

bruh
    bruh
    bruh
    bruh
    bruh

like
    like
    like
    like
    like

• Anonymous

You must be a very fun person to be around

• I am more fun that you that is for sure. You self righteous sack of shit. At the very least I gave you an opportunity to feel better than me. That is all fucks like you live for someone to make a mistake say something you can twist around so you can feel better about the nobody broke ass piece of shit that you are. Because actually trying to improve yourself is too much work

• Anonymous

You must be on your period. I'll come back in a week

• Anonymous

Bae, how do you know all these catch phrases?
    Did you get that email🤣

• Anonymous

I know right, it's kind of annoying.

• Anonymous

Yeah, i hate it when people say cliche things like "I am sick to death".

• Anonymous

I hate the words "like" "Literally" and "um" it makes people sound mentally retarded.

• no1else

AND it's NEVER literal

• Anonymous

@no1else haha exactly... "I literally died". NO, No you actually didn't.

• no1else

Bahahhahaansnsn. You literally didn't

• Anonymous

I have noticed that white people in the US tend to sound very similar to each other. Since I grew up in a part of the US where white people are rare I never really noticed it until I moved.

• Anonymous

Some people like myself just have it in them to have catchy phrases comes naturally , But majority of people go along with the crowd. Followers.

• Anonymous

soc media is plagued with them. "if it isn't ok, it isn't over". "you deserve the best". and the rest of the bucket. because people want to believe that there is a scrap of hope left in their unique lives.

• no1else

People fear rejection, so try to fit in. That's all.

• @no1else It's slang, is all. Cool has hung around for almost a century. People are filtering slang expressions to find out what sticks. Keeps the language lively and interesting.

• no1else

Evolution of language explains creative wording not mimicry

• Anonymous

It be like that sometimes

• AGAIN. It be (e) s like dat sometime. Speak your substandard English correctly. It is so inauthenic to mess it up. Sigh.

• Anonymous

@Screenwriter *Sigh* Google “it be like that sometimes” and you’ll see all of the memes.

• Maybe there are regional differences. We say it differently deep in the south south... and DAT is definitely correct. no one enunciates THs. the some time or times go either way...

• Anonymous

Guilty!