Warning! This is Educational; Why Do Some Men Crossdress Even If They Aren't Gay or Questioning Their Gender?

humanearth
Warning! This is Educational; Why Do Some Men Crossdress Even If They Arent Gay or Questioning Their Gender?

Thousands of men worldwide are, at this very moment, putting on their pantyhose, dresses, makeup, and high heels, trying to look as pretty and as feminine as they can. The sight of a grown man wearing a dress, in many societies is considered odd, or unusual, and may even be a cause for ridicule. This phenomenon is often misunderstood, and often yields the question, “Why would men want to wear clothing of the opposite sex?” “Are these men perverted, or crazy?” “Are they gay?”

First, let me assure you that this phenomenon occurs in all the countries of the world, and is often referred to as transvestism, or crossdressing. Transvestism is defined as “the practice of dressing and behaving like the opposite sex.” Men who choose to dress as females, come from all ethnic groups, and from all walks of life.

Furthermore, they are neither perverted, nor crazy. These individuals could be your next door neighbor, your boss, or even your brother. The man sitting next to you at church could be wearing panties and a garter belt under his clothes for all you know. Crossdressing is actually quite common, but it is most often done in private or as a secret that is hidden from others. Although, more and more men are “coming out” and dressing “en femme.” In fact, there are conventions where males of different ages and backgrounds, get together to enjoy the freedom of dressing and socializing as females. These conventions may draw hundreds of crossdressers.

Why would men do this, you might ask? Well, the fact of the matter is that they choose to crossdress for many reasons. The reasons vary according to the individual.

One common reason that men choose to crossdress, is for sexual gratification. They may get sexually exited with the feel of the feminine fabrics and clothing on their body. They may enjoy the sexual excitement that they experience from wearing feminine clothing, and in seeing their feminine image.

Another reason for crossdressing, is that men want to feel free to express the feminine side of their personality. Boys are commonly socialized to believe that they cannot portray feminine traits. They can’t cry, appear weak, or be soft. Males who dress in female clothing often feel liberated to express their emotions that perhaps, they are not able to freely express as themselves. For at least a few moments, they can shed the burdens and responsibilities of being a “man.” Often, this results in feelings of comfort, and reduced stress. Men wear dresses because it feels good.

Perhaps a reason for crossdressing is one that is not often expressed, but is one that I believe is common. The reason that men wear dresses, is to feel and experience the “power of a woman.” What power is this? It is the power of a beautiful woman to be able to turn the heads of all the men as she enters the room. It is the power that lingerie models have when they appear on television, and spontaneously create a sensation in the groins of thousands of the men who are watching. It is the power to choose who will get their attention, and perhaps who will mate with them. It is a power that is biologically linked and has allowed the human race to propagate.

One reason that men crossdress is to feel this power, and to experience what it is to have the attributes that create this power. This may be similar to the man who puts on the power suit and expensive shoes, sits behind a big desk in the office on the twentieth floor overlooking the city, pretending he is the chief executive officer of a multi-million dollar corporation. He pretends for a day to be the top man, the millionaire corporate mogul who makes the choices. People open doors for him, bring him coffee, and open their wallets for him. This is “power” and it is very stimulating and intoxicating.

Women are also very powerful. Women are very powerful, sexually. They know this, and men know this. It is equally stimulating and intoxicating to experience this type of power for a day. Even if it is only for a moment, and within the man’s head, it is a beautiful feeling to feel “sexy” and “feminine.” Power as we all know, is an aphrodisiac. This is why men wear dresses, and why this practice has occurred for centuries.

Unfortunately, in many societies crossdressing, especially male to female, is often still a taboo. A man wearing a dress, or other feminine attire in public is often the subject of ridicule. It is the purpose of this article to create acceptance, and to portray crossdressing as a normal practice that occurs throughout the world and in many cultures.

20
49
20Girl Opinion
49Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• mstbooblover

I don't know the real reasons, because there are probably different aspects to that phenomenon. Some men just like to see their female side and have some fun that way, without being gay. Very occasionally I like to wear and feel the fabric of a long female dress on my skin and masturbate dressed that way. Never use make up though: I hate make up, high heels and all that kind of stuff. I also love to masturbate with a bra, I guess because it reminds me of breasts, and it's no secret I love big saggy breasts. And also, when thinking about having sex with someone, I want my partner to be a woman.

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Blackcosmo

Wow everything you pointed out makes a lot of sense.
    Thanks for the info!

Like 3 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1948
  • Screenwriter

Men dressing up as women has a storied history from the dawn of civilization. Why?

I think most men know how comical it is to dress as a woman when they LOOK like a man. It is just as ridiculous for a woman to do so, but men's beards, muscular body types, clearly more masculine face shapes and generally larger bodies all look comical in most women's fashions..

So, it's done for laughs. What is MORE curious is why people don't find WOMEN dressing up as men as hilarious for the exact and opposite reasons. BUT a woman trying to look like a man is psychologically and sociologically TRANSGRESSIVE!!!

There's the rub! A man dressing as a woman is harmless because no one will take him seriously. A woman dressing as a man, who might be able to PASS as a young one, especially, or perhaps an older one, means a woman can access the PRIVILEGES of male POWER without having had earned it!!!

Yes, this is several sticky wickets, isn't it? Kisses to all and. happy cross dressing men and women.

LikeDisagree 2 People
    Reply
  • petitedollbabee

It’s not hurting anyone. Why do some women dress like tomboys and get short haircuts that make them look like guys without being lesbian or trans? All part of the same thing to me. Men who cross dress are enjoying themselves, not hurting anyone, and sometimes they look better in a dress than I do 😁

Like 4 People
    Reply
  • Bratsondanielle

Educational lol. What's "educational " about weirdos dressing up for Halloween? And then making sure to tell as many people as possible... it's basically just insane. The whole lgtqbcdefg2k+ bulls... has gotten complete out of hand

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • MisterDub

Because it's fun? Plus, I can assure you that some girls like dressing up their guys, even when it is NOT Halloween!

There is a great "oldish" song by James called Laid. The relevant lyrics are "Messed around with gender roles; Line my eyes and call me pretty". Great song, messes around with this issue. Us Gen-Xers have long since gone over this and decided that toying around with this is just plain gnarly, and even rad...

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • ShesQuiet

They are just trying to make people laugh! I know this because literally- I would do anything to make someone laugh or smile- No matter who it is! They are just getting a kick out of it

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • MysteriousDarkness

There are many reasons.
    1. Cosplay
    2. Halloween costume party
    2. Lost a bet
    3. Their girlfriend, fiancée or wife likes seeing them in those clothes and get turned on
    4. They feel sexy
    There may be other reasons.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • afr2k

I will say your post is extremely though provoking, but the men featured give crossdressing a bad name. Men know that they wouldn't be anything without females in life, and life would be a lot less expressive, so they copy what they can never have. :)

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • humanearth

I agree with you, I choose them photographs for comedy effect and I didn't want photos of female impersonators.

I wanted them to look like men, but with comedy.

Just look at Milton Berle, Flip Wilson, Steve Martin, and thousands of other men in comedy that do it for laughs

• lpoots

Grayson Perry has been cross-dressing since he was a child, using it to step into a fantasy world where he felt safer. He describes himself as a transvestite and for him cross-dressing has an exciting, sexual aspect but he has no desire to become a female, nor to dress as a woman full-time

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • annabananna

I don’t know I guess they like it. I know someone that cross dressed a little (not in public) and he said he likes it and that was really all there was to it for him.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • humanearth

I got started because my 1st girlfriend wanted me to. I ended up liking it and been wearing ever since. That was over 30 years ago

• Avadarling

Nice!

• Psychologists say men who prefer to crossdress are expressing their feminine side in an extreme way because they were extremely close to a mother or mother figure and possibly lost that person too young. Biggest example of this is comedian Eddie Izzard. His mother died of cancer, I believe, when he was 12: right before he hit puberty, and had made his adolescent-male separation from her, and his entry into manhood. Also, many crossdressing men and the majority of them are STRAIGHT MALES... feel a sense of safety and relaxation when they crossdress, as if they are wrapping the arms of the adult woman they loved around them for comfort. I find that very touching and sad. Because our culture doesn't seem to allow men to comfort themselves as they are!

• sage2021

I think it's fricken weird as hell!!! I think these men are not only fully, but sick in the head! 🥴

LikeFunnyDisagree 4 People
    Reply
    • sage2021

*correction not "fully" but fugly

• sage2021

You gave me a "Like" for thinking they are sick in the head, yet, you admit to doing it yourself. WTF? I know you have several children - do they know you are that way?

• humanearth

They all know and I think your answer is funny

• SaartjieJane

Off topic but that photo gives me Ula vibes from 50 first dates lol

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Mac-One

Girls can wear any traditional guy clothes without it being strange or unusual. Why is it not the same for guys wearing traditional girl's clothing. I would like to be able to wear dresses, skirts, blouses, and even girl's swim suits (both tank and bikini).

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Kereology

Well if they're not gay, and they are not questioning their gender, then I guess the only reason is because it's fun.

Some of my favorite characters are women, so I've considered crossplaying. As long as we're all in a situation where no one looks at it further than that, it can be fun.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • ObscuredBeyond

My guess would be morbid curiosity. Or some other sort of mental illness. Or searching in all the wrong places for "enlightenment." Or, just to be edgy. You're asking me to discern method to madness, but every case is different.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • KlinkyCoder

I read something before to the effect of "Women think they are oversexualized. Men think they are undersexualized." Even women of specific ethnic groups like Asians and Latinas get special attention even from those outside their race or ethnic group. Men are uglier regardless of ethnicity or race. Perhaps the more top men in the 10% are sexualized and pursued more, but even then they are wanted more arguably for their power and status than their looks.

I don't know whether this difference between the sexes is a blessing or a curse on mankind. There is arguably the sociological factor of transgenderism too, I read once that there are actually more male-to-female transitions than female-to-male. I can understand it making sense. Society doesn't care one shit about men and are even openly hostile to them. Men don't have their unique identity anymore now that women have become equal to them in terms of society.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Kittykay_45

I know it’s more then that but the first thing I thought of was cosplaying as women 😅

Funny 1 Person
    Reply
  • BlueScorpio

I remember this sort of stuff was suppose to be looked at as ridiculous or funny but now if i see a straight man dressing in drag I'm just going to automatically assume he's not 100% straight and probably have a desire to be a woman.

Reply
    • I think the same thing when I see a woman in jeans and swearing like a sailor. If they want to dress like a man, they must want to be a man

• bamesjond0069

It is somewhat normal as a fantasy. It is not normal to think you really ARE a woman.

"Women are very powerful, sexually. They know this, and men know this. It is equally stimulating and intoxicating to experience this type of power for a day. Even if it is only for a moment, and within the man’s head, it is a beautiful feeling to feel “sexy” and “feminine.”"

I agree with this. Im not into cross dressing but the feeling i got from being a male stripper for Bachelorette parties mostly was so unique, i felt as i imagine women feel. Women all being aggressive and grabbing me and a group of them against just me. But knowing how intently they stared and waited for me if and when id pull my gstring off. Then offering me money and paying me. Being dressed sexually and skimpy while they were mostly not. The whole thing felt totally opposite of normal gendered sexual behavior to me but very arousing. So i do believe thats quite powerful.

LikeHelpful 2 People
    Reply
    • humanearth

I notice the same thing when I was in my early 20s as a male stripper. (Made a hell a lot of money doing it to)

• DevinAM

Simply because dresses are comfortable. It'd be nicer if I could find some made with male shoulders in mind that don't look like fetish wear.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • humanearth

There you go, I think you have something there. A masculine man dress

• Show More (47)