Things That Annoy Me About Sexual Orientation

Intro:

Hey, guys, I'm back with another myTake! I'm writing this one because it's something that's been on my heart for a while. And to clear things up, the title should really be:

Things That Annoy Me About Peoples Perceptions And Application When It Comes To Sexual Orientation.

BUT..that title is way too freaking long and there's no room in my colorful heart lol.

So I'll settle for this haha. by the way, all this will many be towards gay people. Straight people...some of you just don't be assholes alright?

As always, enjoy or not. Both are welcomed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Some People Make It Their ENTIRE Image.

Okay so let me say, I'm not hating on gay people. I'm bisexual for one but in more specific terms for some people, I'm "pansexual." Although, I hate that terminology for personal reasons. My point in saying that is it's stupid for me to hate on something I technically fall into the category of.

This is me just saying, I'm tired of some people thinking that in order to be gay you have to act a certain way or you should make it all that you are.

And by that I mean just because you're gay and etc doesn't mean you have to dress a certain way, for good lord TALK a certain way, and more.

I justed the gorgeous Bretman Rock as my example only because I'm tired of some people behaving the way he does because it's what they think being gay is in their minds. That or being sassy, super "feminine", and etc.

Same for women in particular. You don't have to be more "butch" and etc to be gay either.

Nobody has to act a fit this common mold I'm seeing to simply like whatever gender you like. It may sound stupid that I'm saying this but I honestly don't people get that enough. I think this video is a funny and perfect example that shows the point I'm getting at-

This for me is what I'm getting at. I'm kind of tired of so many people being this guy in the pink shirt a little bit. I mean, I like when some people are genuinely dramatic and like being gay. Yes, that's nice, but I think people should aim to be seen as more than just a gay person.

I'm particularly a fan of people who act themselves naturally without all the extra added sometimes. The lip popping, intrusive behavior, and overdramatic movements and voices. Or girls who become super "boyish" and do a lot of deep voices and dick references and etc.

For some, just be more respectful of your environment and aware of the people you influence. I say that because like almost all gay people are like this now, which leads me to my next points.

2. Some People Are Making It Into A Trend

Really this, in particular, annoys the hell out of me. I partly blame the media for it and peoples parents too. See, kids and teens have access to everything older people are doing and etc. Its been this way for a while and the promotion of so much LGBTQ stuff is having good and bad effects.

When your growing up that is a time when you are trying to find and build the foundation of who you are, and everyone is at a different level when it comes to this.

Now I don't believe in that crap that if you keep showing kids and teens gay stuff or letting them do so-called "gay" things then they'll be gay. I think it's perfectly fine for example a boy to play with a barbie. And a girl toy train or something.

However, I do think that pushing sexuality and etc onto objects and media pushing sexuality or sexual orientation in kids faces can have a bad effect sometimes. Some kids aren't sure what they like just yet so they will experiment imitate what they see and what looks best.

And I do know quite a bit of people who claimed to be gay but then admitted they weren't and that they were just trying having fun or they thought it was cool. Yes, some people really do this and it's annoying because it's not some trend. Or some cool thing that's IN like a new top or shoe.

I mean yeah it's cute some people find it alluring or fun to be "gay."

It can be, but for kids and teens, some adults too, I mainly want them to just be sure and find spend some time on there own finding out what they REALLY like and not being distracted by all the shit going on around them involving these topics. I say that because you affect other people and it's annoying as fuck for someone to claim to be gay then find out they aren't while with someone who is.

BUT that also leads me to my third and final point.

3. Not All People Have To Like Or Validate You For It

No really, this is an actual issue for some people. They feel like everyone has like and accept them for who what they choose to do with their life. Validate their egos, and support them or else they are wicked or evil.

And it's not like that at all, people have every right not to like you or what you do with yourself and others. Now I know some of you are like-

I mean now, for the most part, is It none of their business? Yes. And should you give a fuck that they don't like it? No.

But they still have the right to disagree peacefully as do you. Forcing something just pushes it farther away or adds fuel to the fire. It's inevitable that you will have people that will not like your decisions no matter what they are. You just deal and move on because it doesn't matter. It's when it gets physical or turns into bullying then you defend yourself practically. And or become super assertive.

Anyhow, that's all for now GAG. I'm expecting some backlash like this-

haha, but we'll see. Don't get too disrespectful though, I want this to be a practical and peaceful thread. Anything too graphic will be reported.

Add anything you feel that is needed that I didn't address though. I'm tired asf lol. Love you, Take care.

412
CherryRoseChampange is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• There are obvious examples of how not to use or show your sexual orientation.

First, talking about it to everyone. There are people who are *insert sexual orientation* and feel the need to tell it to everyone. Most of the time, people won't care if you're gay or whatever. But as soon as you're talking about it constantly, that's when they start being annoyed by it, and treating you like an annoyance. Forcing it through law and medias will only create a huge backlash at some point.

Seconde example, the gay pride, or pride stuff, or whatever it's called today. Parading half naked, with leather pants, dildos everywhere and making out in the street as if you were going to fuck on the sidewalk is NOT being proud. It's just being nothing more than an exhibitionist, a pervert being sexual in public and often in front of children. That's certainly not the good method to make people respect you. And blaming them for that makes it worse.

And lastly... being proud of what? Of your sexual orientation? You didn't choose it, no more than straight people. Why would you be more proud than they are? And why would you deny them the right to be proud when you are?

Worst thing I've read was an article in some newspaper saying that being straight is "has been" and "a thing from the past". While 90% of the world population is straight. That's spitting in the face of people who aren't gay, and basically doing exactly what you reproach them to do. Not smart again.

Most Helpful Girl

• You tell them girl!!!
    Your amazing..
    And a great example of not following the popular vote

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 10

• This is basically the attitude that gets called "homophobic" nowadays. In reality, any sane person doesn't give a shit who do you fuck, just do it in your own home, and outside of it, act like a normal person. But that seems too much to ask

• This is why the homosexaul/trans lobby pisses many people off. Their in-your-face attitude is sickening.

• I have a statement that I will always stand by.

If your sexuality is all you use to express yourself, there's probably not anything interesting about you.

• Good take. It makes gay people only worse, that they have that stupid culture to act. You had a Shannen Doherty GIF too. I was crushed on her like a year ago, since I watched a lot of Beverly Hills 90210.

• I was born without gaydar.
    I only know someone is gay if he tells it.

• Why dosn't someone organise a "Straight Pride" march? I'm proud to be straight.

• Try it, and you'll probably have to face a horde of violent SJW who won't let you leave without breaking you a bone or two.

• @CherryRoseChampagne Are you straight?

• Great post.

#1 really irritates me too.

• Amazing.

Somebody shoot me in the head, please.

• there is no sexual orientation you are what you are born with

male or female nothing else

how you feel does not matter

• that redhead girl in the gif is so beautiful that she distracted me for a solid 5 minutes lol. anyways, good take

What Girls Said 3

• Lol the video. The video describe a few people I have met. Their whole identity is " I'm persecuted" when they aren't so the try to find reasons they are.

• Cool take, and yeah I'm a straight non-asshole 😂😂

• Great take