How should we help prevent/reduce mass shootings and gun related deaths in the US? What are some optimal solutions that we should consider?

So long as madmen are always going to exist, we might as well be prepared to deal with them effectively.

I’d encourage in general everyone to receive the proper training in firearm safety, learn about responsible use, own one in the home, and concealed carry in public (better safe than defenseless)

I also think that if a zone is to be designated “gun free” like a school, or a mall, or what have you, then there should be an extensive security apparatus in place that can respond effectively.

And contrary to popular belief, most gun related deaths are not caused by mass shootings, but rather suicides and also people being irresponsible with safe storage, use, and handling.

Therefore to own something with a lethal potential (similar to a car) the individual should have to demonstrate at least some basic understanding of use and safety. (Ie passing a firearms training course)

Additionally, I’ve read extensively about the personal backgrounds of mass shooters.

Barring extremely rare exceptions like the Las Vegas shooter, they almost always universally display extremely lengthy histories of a predispostion towards acts of violence or other troubling signs.

But I do have concerns about the implementation of red flag laws, since there are no due process rights.

But the fact of the matter is the US spends the most per person on healthcare of any country. So theoretically our healthcare should be the best, but it isn’t.

Its extremely shitty, and unaffordable.

So yeah, improving access and quality of care is one serious priority to consider. As well as more suicide prevention services

I don’t support any form of gun bans though. Its still a unique part of our culture and millions of people own responsibly

Limiting a magazine to 10 rounds still sounds reasonable to me though.

Post Opinion