Lorde Is Actually 37... Or Is It 45

LittleSally

There's been so much speculation about what age Lorde really is. She doesn't obsess over social media nor cell phones like every teenager on the face of this earth who has the means to own a phone, she dances like a 40-year old, she dresses like an older person (older than a teenager), she wrangles her curls like a pro - and who at her age learned how to deal with their hair? Really...

Lorde Is Actually 37...Or Is It 45

She herself has had so many slip ups where she accidentally revealed her true age by saying:

"Sofia Coppola’s The Virgin Suicides really resonated with me as a teenager”, and then immediately corrected herself “I mean, I am still a teenager.”

She said her maternal grandparents escaped (from Dalmatia) during World War I.

Her mother was born in 1965, having celebrated her 52nd birthday this past March.

These last two facts would suggest her grandmother gave birth to her mother at the age of 51? Not impossible, but very unlikely - especially for that time!

So, safe to say she lies about her age... Not uncommon. Certainly not in her line of work. She couldn't very well have expected to get famous at the ripe age of 30-something...that's practically impossible in Hollywood!

Lorde Is Actually 37... Or Is It 45

Her birth certificate in which it says she was born in 1980:

Lorde Is Actually 37... Or Is It 45

Lorde Is Actually 37... Or Is It 45

Lorde Is Actually 37... Or Is It 45
7
5

Most Helpful Girl

• abundantlyrich
    I think she's genuine. She just looks more mature like most white teens do - older than their actual years of living.

Beyonce is the one lying about her age instead
    Is this still revelant?
    • That was a hoax prepared for April s fool day.

There are actual video clips of her singing at aged 12 in 2009 and with her classmates. Shheesssh.

Most Helpful Guy

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

46
  • Waffles731
    wait, people are debating whether she is not only born in New Zealand but her Age?
    This is like one upping those people who moronically claim Obama was born in Kenya
    • Hey, Australia is made up of immigrants...
      www.dailytelegraph.com.au/.../7ae164c13cf15f7e9b5d3ee7c6465816

• Waffles731

but she WAS born in New Zealand. Which is really only the same as Australia when you start talking about the military.
      Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor
      7 November 1996 (age 20)
      Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand

• I sincerely doubt she's 20...
      And so does the majority of people...

• BeerFarts
    I always believed that she is a lot older than her media age because she certainly looks older than someone in their 20's. She definitely looks around my age.
  • JaneMancen
    She dances "funny" because she is a professed witch. Her song Tennis Court when played backwards is very satanic. She believes God is her foe and Satin is her "god."
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
  • li0ness
    Yeah but what I dont understand is why would she lie about her age, whats wrong with being 27 or older? I mean whats the big deal if she's 18 or 27? Its just a number...
  • princesskayle
    Is this really a debate? She's 20 and looks it but that's just my opinion.
  • Nik1hil
    she probably is an ageless vampire
    but sexy and yeah nice voice i would bang her
  • lovelyhoneybones
    This is a joke, right? She just turned 20.
  • mrsingle
    I think 37 is closer to right
  • zagor
    I don't care if she's 60 or 16.