A Southern Winter Wonderland: Winter Storm Diego Ravages NC, SC, TN, and VA

This is the scene from my area earlier this morning in the North Carolina Mountains. Early this morning between 12 am and 2 pm 16 inches of snow fell in my area. The storm is affecting travel all over the South. People are literally stuck on major roads and interstates. Hundreds of Thousands are still without power in the South. There has been on Fatality so far from a tree falling on a car in Charlotte, NC. Some places in the Southeast got up to 2 feet of snow! 700 wrecks were reported to the NC Highway Patrol across the state. Here are some photos of the snowy madness.

Gaffney,SC
Gaffney,SC
Greensboro,NC
Greensboro,NC
Hanover County, VA
Hanover County, VA
Wake Forest, NC
Wake Forest, NC
Durham,NC
Durham,NC
Travelers Rest, SC
Travelers Rest, SC

You know it's serious when Waffle House closes

Winston Salem, NC
Winston Salem, NC

There are loads more photos, but this is just the cream of the crop so far. Schools, businesses (even walmart), churches, and courts are all shut down tomorrow. So, I guess us Southerners will make the most of it!

#Snowmageddon

#WinterStormDiego

410
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• My area got 17 inches, I went out and checked this morning. We don't have power but my family has gas logs in our fireplace and a gas stove to cook so we'll be fine.

It's crazy that there were so many people out trying to drive in it yesterday. My local news reported over 1,000 car wrecks and 1,200 disabled vehicles on the roads in Virginia. I guess if you still have to work though, many felt like they had no choice. The South isn't used to snow storms like this, I think we were unprepared. I just hope everyone manages to stay warm!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I got 22inches but it was so warm that after the first day they cleared the roads and things were back to mostly normal. The worse part was there is one one power company that has a monopoly down here and they were dragging their feet turning on some people's power even in easy t access areas.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 3

• My dad is in Charlotte, and he said they got a decent amount of snow. In my part of SC, it was a lot of rain and sleet if anything with a teensy bit of snow, but other than that nothing really happened

• We don't have any snow here in Chicago!!

• Can Charlotte get sum of that?

What Guys Said 9

• I nicknamed it the slushstorm of the century, but I’m just resentful I didn’t get the day offfrom work

• where is this?

• Im in Lenoir which is near Charlotte and Winston Salem we got 18 inches

• Impressive. We got a slush sandwich with rain for bread and freezing rain for condiment. Gross is the only word I can think of

• 6d

That is crazy! snow is small and harmless when by itself but in mass amounts it can cause all types and forms of trouble... man that is a lot of damage...

• As a New Englander

• Bloody hell, were those gritting lorries seriously overturned? That's pretty bad...

Simples...

• Yeah I know I live in north Carolina we got 15 inches of snow here

• I’m trying to move to NC hopefully will be there by March. Wish I was there right now for the snow.

• Meh normal drive for us Canadians

• We have green grass outside of Toronto as of Sunday morning. Snow can suck it

• Wild, I have never touched snow before.