Single AF (No Friends): 10 'Valentines Day' Ideas

I'm a girl, this will be from a girls point of view:

1. Set the mood with some lighting.

Redecorate your room somehow.

2. Make yourself a treat

Treat yourself.

or make a romantic breakfast, for yourself.

3. Write yourself a love letter.

Or write '10 things I hate about you'.

4. Get on Omegle or Chatroulette with some ice cream

5. Reflect over why you might be single, while in a hot tub.

You don't have to shave. (Optional: Get stupid substance)

6. Take a hike or a romantic walk by yourself.

Howl at the moon.(at night?)

7. Burn sage. Start a bonfire of old valentines, old gifts, old letters.

Destroy something that is easy to clean up without hurting others or yourself.

8. Sing and dance your heart out alone in your room.

Your choice of music! or hula hoop naked.

9. Just start rollerblading, take a bike ride or skateboard into a pool.

10. Go to the grocery store. Great beginnings to new ideas start there.

Anybody else have some ideas?

1236

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm single because I'm extremely divergent, non-conformist and I don't play the game. I be totally myself, focus on my work, my passions, my ambitions, don't really pay much attention to trying to build close relationships with people.. so I seem aloof and stand-offish apparently. I know all these things. I have too many friends as it happens, so many that I can't stay in touch with them all properly, but not many close friends and mostly it's through my work or y'know younguns who look up to me and consider me an inspiration, people like me, but no one loves me.

So I know why I'm single. People don't want the real me, it's not appealing to girls that I'm just focussing on myself, my ambitions, looking after myself, and yeah sometimes I talk to them a bit but I don't go out of my way to find a partner. I would like one, but don't really make much effort to do so.. have done in the past, and that brings me back to the start - divergent, non-conformist, don't play. The last bit is the most significant. It gets kinda' manipulative, selfish, cruel, borderline abusive, even just casual dating. It's ugly man, so I step back.

• As long as you like yourself and enjoy your own company, life is good <3 lol

Most Helpful Girls

• Good for you for being the positives instead of complaining about being single on Valentine's day! I wish more singles would do that.

Vday is just a way for stores and big corporations to make money off people. Guys feel forced to get their girlfriend/wife something or else they get chewed out, or no sex for them!
    And it's hard finding something that's not cliche or done to death other than going out to eat, buying overpriced flowers, or stuffed animals and chocolates that are double their regular price.
    If you care about someone, why do you need one specifici day of the year to do so?

I don't even celebrate vday, even when I was in a relationship. I celebrate SAD instead (singles awareness day). I treat myself to a nice meal, buy myself something nice- a new outfit, new workout gear, even buy myself flowers! Spend time with my friends, and best of all- hit all the stores the day after vday for 50 percent off candy!

Happy singles day to all you lovely, single folks~

• I am so hurt. I love Michael.
    He acts approachable but yesterday I messaged him. What can we do for Valentine's Day?
    No reply.
    Today I ask, how about a date on Friday? It would be our very first.
    No reply.
    I'm discouraged.
    I don't know if his avoidance is from autism or he's actually not interested.
    I didn't know at first that he had autism, but I didn't care.
    Now I'm just sad.

Join the discussion

1034
  • I like these ideas even though I don't care about holidays. Do all your suggestions have to be "Romantic"? I would rather do it in a way as if I just made a huge accomplishment in my life. Celebrate my progress.

• You do whatever you want with what works for you <3 I like the idea of celebrating your progress <3

• "7. Burn sage. Start a bonfire of old valentines, old gifts, old letters.

Destroy something that is easy to clean up without hurting others or yourself."

Why not roast some marshmallows while burning stuff?

• I'm just going to eat different kind of chocolates. Valentine's Day is the only time of the year that I allow myself to "overdo" it with chocolates.

• why not go out and dance? Good list. wouldn't it be more fun to be with others? why not a singles fun night out?

• A lot of girls in my town do that every other night x) but good idea for those who dont!

• You are absolutely adorable. I want to hug you so bad lol

• Real shit... that cake with the jelly beans looks dense and delicious 🤤

• Some sentimental time with the family pet.

• buy yourself a pack of ice cream during eating this bag complaing to ur friends how single u are and u are sick of that , how great of a girl u are etc

well meaby guys dont wanna be around you because of 2 things
    1 your looks
    2 your personality

there is no other reason :)

• How about not care about the days society tried to give a specific meaning to? Why should you show your love to someone more on this day than in any other day? If you love someone show them everyday. If you don't have someone why would it matter more on Valentine's day?

• Why not take any excuse possible to celebrate your love? Why does it being a society conspect bother you so much? If you love them, each and everyday but your not going to go further and beyond each day (it's impossible) so again what's the problem?

• Hey Girl..
    What if I told you I wanna be in your friendzone 😂😏

• Valentines day is literally any other day. Valentines day is just fucking commercialism.

• Same with any other day tbh. I mean pancake day is just the same as any other day and heck so is Christmas.

So if you think like that no days like this will be fun. But valentines day is dumb tbh.

• I have no doubt your busy but shouldn't everyone in a relationship want to to make gifts and give their significant other flowers, chocolates etc. A guy I was dating for a bit knew I liked reeces so he would occasionally buy them for me and tape a flower to them amongst other things. .

• That definitely happens and is nice.

• Just gonna skate around, practice guitar, and drink till I pass out

• I'll enjoy my entire day studying. 9 hours of lectures, can't wait! 🙄

• Great ideas. If you really want, and like, some nice scented candles or regular while sitting in the hot tub (could be regular tub with hot water, right?

You don't have to be single. I am too and we can correct that! lol.

• I thought you had to be on your period to go roller skating? or have i been lied to by commercials?

• Point 7 is probably a bit hard for me to do since I haven't received anything for Valentine's day so far...

• Got any homework assignments that you want to destroy?

• Is it a waste or is it worth it? Cause if you love your nikes, it sounds like it wasn't a waste lolol

• It's a waste of money. I don't need new nikes, I just want them lol...

• Girls are so funny. One day you’ll look back and miss being single. Enjoy it while you have the chance.

• The only person in history who properly celebrated Valentine's Day was Al Capone.

• These are pretty good ideas. Love the one with the letter and the romantic walk 😍❤️

• <3 <3 I hope you write yourself a nice long lover letter and take yourself on a romantic walk lol

• i would really like to skate a pool, sadly i don't have one.
    looks like i'm not having a date today aswell so i feel like an absolute tumor

• I'd invite you to come join me!

• Oh camping is sooo fun! I used to go camping with my horse when i had him. :,) Would ride him bare back through rivers and in the lake, (not legal in most lakes). I miss that. Are you any good at playing pool? I love playing pool with a shot of whiskey lmao.

• i'm not good at it but i can play it yeah.

• Meh. I'll just stay home, binge watch something, go to bed and go see Battle Angel Alita on the day after.

• I shall spend the day ************.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• Crack open a cold one , watch movies, though I’m working that night.

• I'll probably just stay home while drawing and feeling bad for myself as I do every year.

• I love drawing flowers, unicorns, hearts, the forest and animals. Maybe I can draw a smile on your face? and you can draw Shrek on my face if it makes you feel better <3

• I'll do it

• If you were a tattoo artist, this could get even more fun and wild

• Wow, I hope my love life never gets that depressing.

• Went to a big romantic place, look for a sweet girl and just say "he will not come..."

• just do something impulsive and spontaneous that you never did before.

• I've been single all my life and my relationship status never was of any significance to me.

• I am going to eat chocolate cake for V-day. Lol

• God, that sounds depressing

• Great ideas.

• Single life is good

• Haha good take

• I have work nothing special

• Single but engaged. Interesting.

• I enjoy sleeping...

• Yes, you're girl. It shows. :-D

• <3 I get messages asking if i'm a guy or telling me this is sexist and not for guys x) I just try to put disclaimers, if it helps. It has, so far.

• People are so stupid. :-D
      Even if you would be some catfish, then…to be honest, who cares? :-D
      And…well…yes, this article is, in fact, sexist. It focuses only on one sex. But again…who the hell cares? It's article on the internet. It's not like…something with actual consequences. And if there would be some version for guys, I would still not care. What I'll do at 2019/02/14 is…pretty much the same as any other day. Meaning probably nothing. I hope I'll have job by then though.
      Anyway. Outrage at stupid shit.
      I'd just say that you shouldn't care about people like those writing you. Don't put disclaimers, it sets dangerous precedent. So fuckin' what, people are offended, outraged and stuff. Who cares?

• Invite a single girl you know

• 11. Go on Tinder and catch a dick.

• I go to a bar pick up girl go my place or hers.

• All those things would just remind me of being single...

I will just treat it like another day and try to distract myself

• I encourage you to do whatever works for you <3

• Probably looking at my crushes posts on Valentines day of her and her boyfriend might help. Thinking about how she rejected me and choose him over me... I hate Valentines day, I hate being single... I'm trying to improve myself but maybe the world just wants me to be alone?

• I won't do any of that.

• Talk to random dudes online that are desperate as fuck and wanna get in your pants despite not knowing where there fuck you are.

• there are a lot of people on those video chats who just want to share their music, show a magic trick, or just have a little chat because they feel lonely. It's easy to skip the people you don't want to talk to.

• Ah! That's unfortunate, for me it was the exact opposite lololol weird how life works

• I guess in my outlook two people looking for a relationship will make it work two who stumble onto one will causally stumble out of it. Regardless good chat

• I, me, my pp,, my lube and my fleslight.