Is it OK to send a "it was nice seeing you yesterday" text?

I ran into a former coworker who I almost had a thing with. He had confessed to liking me for a while, I returned it and we would flirt & stare at each other constantly at work. I slept over his house one time but wasn't ready to sleep with him & he was a complete gentlemen, held my hand and kissed it as we slept. He would randomly text me sometimes but decided that even though he liked me a work relationship is never a good idea. Anyway, I left the job 2 months ago to pursue something else. I ran into him yesterday and we talked for a bit, he was super funny, sarcastic, we laughed a lot. Held eye contact and I saw him give me "the once over" (checking me out) real slow. At times he would get very close to my face while he talk to me and looked me in the eye but I couldn't tell if he was flirting or just friendly. And then he had to get off the subway because it was his stop. I think there's still something there.

Men Would it be a turn off or seem too desperate? Funny thing is I have a couple of guys who are interested in me but when I ran into this coworker I realized I'm not quite over him. I think he was flirting but it could be wishful thinking. I never text a guy first but in this situation would it be ok?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not desprets it's actually a kind gesture that you are giving to him.

What Guys Said 2

• Nope...one little text is fine.

• nope. He will feel boosted. and it isn't desperate. Just try starting up a convo after that and you should never say him for a meetup . that might sound desperate. Just play around him :)

• Apparently myself & everyone on here was wrong. I sent it & I didn't even get a "polite" response like "thanks, you too" Instead he just ignored me. I feel like a complete fool

• I thought it was a simple, casual text & if he didn't want to have a convo he just couldve replied "you too" I'm never sending a guy another text first again. Did I really make that big of an idiot out of myself?

• haha. don't think too much:).

you texted ,he didn't show much interest. forget about him.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it would be a turn off infact he might even be flattered that you took the time out of your day to send him a text on how good it was running into him the other day. Think of it as a way to start up a conversation with him.