Slutty vs. Conservative

My sister dresses more more provocatively then I do (open shirts, short skirts..) I wear short skirts too but I pair them with a more modest top. anyhow I've heard from a few people that I'm prettier then her (not that it really matters) but she seems to get so much more attention from guys then I do. For example, if we are both walking I often times see a bunch of guys checking her out.. and like guys still check me out but not as much as her. Is it because she dresses provocatively? I have read on this site before that many guys prefer more conservative dressed girls but then why are so many guys hitting on her?

I know its long but I'm just really confused.. thank you in advance =)

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer a conservatively dressed girl but your sister may be getting the wrong kind of attention. When a guy sees a girl in a really short skirt with panties showing and an open top with cleavage visible, he goes into sex mode. On the other hand, if I see a girl in a cute skirt and I'm trying to imagine what kind of panties she's wearing and she has a modest top on, she's gonna catch my attention but not in the "i want to sleep with you" way, in the "wow, I think this girl is damn cute" way. One is only sexual, and the other is roughly 50/50 sexual/attractive.There's a fine line but any girl who can dress more conservatively means that the beauty is there and they don't feel the need to get attention from everyone in the world to feel good about themselves. Kudos on being the conservative dresser

• Thank you! I really like your answer :)

What Guys Said 2

• girls that dress slutty will win only for a few moments, will get attention and whilstels and... but girls that respect themselves and their bodies will get respect from people too, and gaining respect and good reputation last for te lifetime and assets you in everything you are about to do, getting a job, marriage, social affairs,... etc

but wait a min, girls that dress slutty, do they really "win" for those few moments that jerks are staring at them in? hell no! you know they comment like: look at that booty, see that chick, that slut, wanna ask her name? her number? she is really one hot damned bad whore... do you really girls love that? don't think so

• i agree with both, btw, I need to meet ur sister, lol

What Girls Said 3

• Conservatively dressed girls are "girlfriend material."

Girls who show a lot of skin are mostly seen sexually.

Both might be appealing to guys, but for different reasons.

• They just wanna bang her, that's why she's getting more attention.

• I don't think it is the kind of attention you want. They probably just want to get in her pants.