Which tattoo placement ISN'T trashy?

Which tattoo placement ISN'T trashy?

A small, meaningful tattoos. Where would you say someone should put it on their body that wouldn't be classified as trashy?

Somewhere where it's not visible when wearing clothing?
Where specifically - according to your own taste?

I wasn't searching for advice.
I already have a tattoo I'm satisfied with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Shoulders, back, hip, ankle... and I've always kind of liked the idea of a small tattoo behind the ear. I've seen some pretty tasteful ones and I've been tempted to get one myself.

What Guys Said 8

• Small, meaningful tattoos are trashy. Let me explain.

Girl goes into a tattoo shop and picks some bullshit off the wall like a butterfly or birds flying out of a feather or an irish shamrock or something else that "speaks to her soul" and gets it tattooed in a small, inconspicuous place on her body. Why does she do this? Because she thinks tattoos are cool, but she's scared that it's going to hurt and she's scared that she's going to be judged for it, so she wants it in a place that can be easily hidden. Trashy, no matter where she chooses to get it.

Point is: If you're seriously interested in getting a tattoo, and it ~really~ has meaning for you, then you'll get it as big or as small as you WANT it to be, wherever the hell on you body you WANT it to be, and you won't give two shits how excruciating the pain is, and if anyone doesn't like it, then they can kiss your fucking ass and have a nice day.

• I already have one...
      I was wondering what your idea of a good placement was...

Obviously - question not answered.

• Whatever. I just told you that the best place is wherever you WANT it to be. Don't fucking listen to a bunch of internet blockheads tell you what you want, because then you'll regret it later.

Or don't, the fuck do I now?

• Sorry I hit a nerve on your white girl tat, I guess. I was trying to be helpful.

• I think "small, meaningful" tattoos (by small I mean little tats about an inch or two) are inherently trashy. They lack any real artistic merit and tend to be fads, like butterflies, or fairies, or Chinese characters. For something a bit larger, it depends on gender. Guys have a few more options. Guys can do chest, bicep, back of shoulder, or thigh and still be able to conceal it. Girls can do back of shoulder or bicep and just not wear sleeveless clothing if she wants to hide it. Bicep armbands are always trashy.

• I guess anywhere that's neither visible nor purposefully put near a sexual body part.

I think tattoos as memorials or as very strong convictions about a belief are okay, but when folks just go into a parlor on a whim and pick something randomly, I think it is the silliest thing possible. If I could invent a painless and inexpensive way to remove tattoos without scarring, I would make millions off of people who regret getting tattoos in early life.

• 1|0
  • Tattoos as messages are never trashy but tattoos as expressions are always trashy. It's just how it works.

• All tattoos are trashy. It really doesn't matter where they are.

• I beg to differ you wise man.

• It doesn't matter who you are.

• Hahaha blocked. Twat.

• Get it printed on a shirt instead. Tattoos are overrated unless they are serious works of art.

• Right back shoulder seems to be the place that is people get it.

• I'm not really into tats. If you must, better to have them somewhere easily covered.

What Girls Said 4

• I've always wanted to get a quote on the inside of my foot. Like this

feet.thefuntimesguide.com/.../...-graphic-ward.jpg

And a lot of people don't like white ink tattoos. But I think some of them are really awesome, easier to hide, and have the potential to look classy. Like this

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/195343702559933401/

• Whoa I've never seen white tattoos like that

• @ihav2fart nah, I'm a pretty noncommittal person and since tattoos are permanent... not for my liking.

• ahh, bummer

• For me personally I don't think there is a good place on the body for a tattoo. I don't think it makes you trashy though.

• it doesn't matter where you put it. only the person can be trashy. not a tattoo.

• It depends on where you get it where it is placed tells a lot