Do or can women grow beards?

i mean i know they dont but you hear about women bleaching their mustash and using that no no thing from the telemarketing advert to shave their cheeks and that, so im abit confused.

i know you must think im an idiot but its best to ask than to wonder

give me a fucking break, dickheads, i may ask a dumb question but at least im asking it

Most Helpful Girl

• Most women can't.
    Not all women have tashes. Most women don't have the hair growth on their neck, chin and cheeks. We have "peach fuzz" which is basically a normal covering of hair (because we are mammals) but it's fine and only seen if you are very close and looking in the correct light.

Unless she is abnormally high in testosterone, she won't be able to grow one.

• thank you

• Thank you for MH :)
      Also, this is what I mean by peach fuzz on a woman: 2.bp.blogspot.com/.../IMG_8632.JPG
      Can you see under her lips she has a very fine, light blonde hair? Regardless of natural hair colour, every woman has that over her cheeks and chin. It's barely noticeable but absolutely natural. Some women shave it off, but personally I think it's stupid unless it's very dark or uncomfortable. Normally they shave it to make make up go on better (as make up can "stick" to it).

• thank you and thanks for not taking the piss out of me because i asked this question

What Girls Said 15

• I can't. It would be cool if I could :o.

• eh, depends on those genetics because a woman needs to be SERIOUSLY hairy to grow a '. beard' over like 20 years.

• I'm not able to but I'm gonna damn well try anyway. God dammit. Fuckin' beards.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...3f6155d4d1.jpg

• You don't need to cuss us out. Different health problems and genetic anomolies can cause excessive facial hair. Polycystic Ovaries, hirtuism (sp?), estrogen dominance, testosterone imbalance, and whatever is to be discovered can create this issue in women. If you see a woman with a serious beard, don't say anything. Maybe she could win against you in a fight.

• 0|0
    • This is what happens when you dom't pay attention in school! 😐
      And why did you put this question in Fashion and style section? Lol

• @JohnBhoy94 Ah.. Yes, that's why he's asked this anonymously

• believe what you want, i ask anonymous because of it been a weird question to ask

• Hahaha I'm not sure, prb with induced hormones... I always get a couple stray hairs that make me panic lol.. Oh nooooo I'm becoming a man? Lol then I pull out the tweezers

• Those that have extremely high testosterone levels can - and they're usually grannies...

• I think it depends on the testosterone hormone levels. It's the same genetic hormone that gives men facial hair. It's also the hormone that helps females in the process of changing sexes.

• I forgot her name, but I saw a woman on YouTube that had a full on beard and was like "yeah that's right bitch" I can grow a beard.

• I have seen a few. women whose bodies produce excess testosterone tend to have a lot of facial hair.

• This may help shed some light on the topic.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3NqK8ySiUX0&feature=youtu.be

• Well technically we ALL have facial hair. Hair covers all of our body. Its typically very fine light colored hair that you can't see (peach fuzz) Some women have longer darker hairs. This can just be genetic or caused by hormonal imbalances and such.

• It would be a very pathetic 3 haired beard in my case ;)

• Ladies does not grow beards, unless something is wrong with them. Dark skinned girls can have darker hair above their upper lip, which can give the impression of her having a mustache.

• actually, most darker skinned people grow less body and facial hair.

• thank you

• Why are you saying "actually" like I said something wrong? White girls doesn't grow dark hair above their lips, some/most dark haired girls does. That is a fact no matter how much body hair either color grow. Maybe they grow less hair (I don't know if that is true) but the dark color still makes it more visual. @thewanderingme

What Guys Said 4