What should I wear to a graduation ceremony? As a guest?

So my step sister is graduating from college this summer, and I'd like some ideas for what to wear for a graduation ceremony (I've never really been for one) so I think I'm supposed to wear something formal and summery?!
Could you post some pictures of ideas please?
I only own like short dresses I wear for night outs, so if there's any type of dress that would be appropriate for this, it could help if you'd post them here. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey there!

I've never been to a graduation ceremony either but I've searched through Pinterest and found a couple of things that you could wear.
    If you were recommended something summery and formal, you could easily go with a floral pattern. Also, try to wear lighter and not exceptionally bright colors.
    Here are some ideas -

This is something formal, subtle, but with a little bit of color.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f97b877b75.jpg

You could also try a jean jacket with a dress (floral or white)? Something like this:
    www2.pictures.zimbio.com/.../...s+vRrDIUByCqgl.jpg

Something like this is formal and pretty colorful!
    images0.chictopia.com/.../...t-beige-shoes_400.jpg

Think of this as an outdoor summer party, so try to wear something airy and light. You'll probably be sitting down for a long time too so wear something that's comfortable!

• Thank you, I love the first one!
      This is exactly the type of answer I needed

• I'm glad I could help! :)

What Guys Said 4

• whatever clothes u feel COMFORTABLE with basically...;-)

• Just wear something that looks smart. It doesn't have to be a dress.

• Try Charlotte Russe or forever 21

• Sexy lingerie 😂👍

What Girls Said 1

• Think garden party. Light breathable fabric appropriate for sitting outside in for at least an hour. Try to avoid shoes with narrow heels since you'll probably be walking though grass at some point.