Do girls get a kick out of showing off their legs?

Do girls just think of skirts and dresses as "something nice to wear"? Or do they enjoy the look/feel of having their legs exposed and on display, having to be careful how they sit/move etc.? Maybe you get so used to it you don't think about it, but I'm interested to know, is it exciting, or just normal?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 32

What Guys Said 4

• Selected as most helpful

Sometimes I wear a dress or skirt as something nice. Sometimes I like how my legs look that day, so I'll wear one just for that purpose, it's nice having a breeze around them! I wear them at a proper length a bit above the knees, so I can comfortably sit down and such. It's exciting for me, but I hated dresses/skirts when I was little so I only just started wearing them, some girls who wear them often are probably used to them. Girls who wear those really tiny skanky dresses/skirts aren't showing off their legs, they're looking to get looked at by guys.

I just like how the material feels. I worry though, that I might have a wardrobe malfunction, so I don't wear them too often.

• its just normal. we are used to it. its like breathing we don't have to think about it. we just act apon they way we walk, move, sit and stuff.

and I have nice legs. so I'm gonna show these bad boys off :) haha

• yes I love showing my legs expecially on hot days then I lay out on my lawn in my bikini

• I love showing off my legs. I'm 5'10'' so I have a lot of leg to show, and do it frequently. I feel so free not wearing pants, too. When the weather permits, I never wear pants, it's skirts and dresses and shorts galore. When I wear such clothes, I feel really hot, and who doesn't love feeling hot?

• Nice answer.

• some girls just wear short shorts/skirts because they like them... I wear short skirts/shorts, like reeeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy short skirts/shorts, because I like it when guys stare at my legs or try to look up my skirt (which, really, its not that hard to see up them.) and I usually don't wear underwear with short skirts. Its kind of exciting I guess you would say.

• I like to wear them out clubbing mainly because it tends to get uncomfortable.... but if short skirts were as comfortable as some sweatpants, I would wear them all the time!!!

• Do you wear the really short skirts casually as just everyday clothes, just for going grocery shopping for example? Or do you save them for going out clubbing?

• I genuinely prefer wearing skirts or dresses but I get self-conscious because I'm afraid it'll seem like I want the attention! It has nothing to do with guys (although I did wear a shorter skirt and high high heels on a date with the boyfriend once just to drive him nuts)!

• Yeah his jaw dropped! :D

• And did it work? ;)

• I love when guys stare at my legs :)

• i love wearing skirt and dresses because they're girly and I feel very pretty when I wear them. not necessarily taking into account the fact that my legs look lovely in them - I wear them mostly because they're in my closet. :)

• i know I look very good in skirts and dresses so that's what I wear . and they are very comfortable...i feel more girly wearin them. its definately normal for a girl to wear skirts and dresses ..it can't be showin off.

• Personally, I just find my legs to be my best feature, so I like to show them off on occasion. But as Marie said, a skirt or dress is just another thing to wear.

• Sometimes I like to wear skirts and dresses because they're fun! They're pretty.

Sometimes though, yes, I do get a kick out of showing my legs. It depends on the day, the occasion, and who's going to be around.

But it's usually just to look pretty.

To answer your other question, usually, no, I don't think about it. Skirts and dresses really are just another thing to wear. Especially if a girl is wearing shorts or leggings-- because then she doesn't have to worry as much how she sits or moves.

• It depends. Over the years, I've really adopted the "less is more" approach. When I was 18-21, I rocked the low-cut clubbing tops, but especially over the past year, I realized that sometimes not showing too much was much more tantalizing. Guys are indeed very visual, but sometimes giving them just a hint is much more torturing than giving them the whole dang show!

I like to show a bit of leg, but that's what tea-length dresses and 4 inch heels are for. I shouldn't ever fear that men will be able to tell what color undergarments I'm wearing (or that I'm not actually wearing them!) Same for cleavage- I can wear a deep v- neck, but I don't have to sport insane cleavage to my chin. Men can imagine what's behind the shirt.

Sexy and slutty are completely different things- and I feel most young women these days forget the difference.

• When I see something nice and sexy I wear it, I care a lot about the color of the things I buy. But not if they show my legs or my boobes. Because when a girl knows that she's sexy she doesn't need a lot to show to make herslef feel sexy! a sexy girl is sexy with just a Tshirt On.

And that's a FACT!

• well, for me I find it exciting when a man sees me walks over and rubs my legs! it shows that they want me so I believe it gives me confidence to show off my nice latina ass and nice long legs!

• Sometimes, some girls hate it. Me, I'm very careful about how my legs look. And I'm careful about how I sit.

• Girls like feeling pretty. If we feel pretty in dresses and skirts we're going to wear dresses and skirts. The attention is great too!

• For me, I just like the attention and they feel awesome. Sometimes skirts or dresses are really nice to wear if you don't want something surrounding your whole legs. I love the fact that I get the googley eyes from my boyfriend too. Its exciting to know that you turn someone on even if you have no interest in them. and if you have interest in them then it makes it even better because it starts a spark. I'm not really used to skirts or dresses and I really don't know a lot of people that are because they are so different than anything else. Skirts or dresses are not usually worn for "something nice" unless you are going to a wedding or something.

• Girls wear dresses and skirts not to show off their legs (in fact many girls are kinda sensitive about their legs) but simply because they think they look good in them whichll boost their self confidence.

its actually so annoying tho to be mindful of the way you sit etc..

• I almost always wear my blue jeans and a tank top. I do own a couple of really hot black minis and several sun-dresses. Being a model I show off my whole body for a living but I guess I don't often think about my legs specifically. Sometimes though I do and it really is just a mood thing. I prefer the sun dress for when I want to show my legs which is odd since they cover more than my minis.

• i honestly just like wearing dresses. there's nothing wrong with just wearing dresses I think and I'll wear them even if it's cold out so. yeah sometimes we have to be careful how we move in a dress...

• To me it is just normal, just like wearing a t-shirt or tank top, doesn't make a difference to me.

• Show More
  • I read in some article that psychologically, girls are supposed to prefer wearing dresses and skirts over pants. It's "innate" enough much like how guys prefer to pee standing up, while women prefer to do so sitting down.

• i love girls with skirts on especially with big asses and nice legs

• It's lovely to see a girl confident showing her legs.

• they say they do it to compete with other women so to speak. but if you were competing doesn't that mean ur trying to win a guy?