Is my outfit too revealing for college?

Is my outfit too revealing for college?

Do I come across as if I'm trying too hard? I dress for myself. And sometimes certain styles I like may seem slutty or like I'm looking for attention. But in reality that isn't my intention at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not that its too reveiling but it just doesn't fit.

• Okay!

• I know exactly what you mean. Thank you :)

• No problem. You got this. You already have a good figure so I guess you won't have any problem. Have a nice day 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• That outfit is SO cute 😍 It would also look good if you paired it with a long necklace or a sun hat if you let your hair down! So what if you're showing a leg and your stomach, men can go topless right haha?

What Guys Said 32

• I wouldn't use the term 'slutty', but it's probably 'inappropriate' for college. It seems to fit in more with a nightclub kind of setting.

• Thank you for your honest opinion. So you think guys think I'm trying too hard?

• No, it's not about what guys would think. It just does not fit it with an educational setting. Just like how it's inappropriate to wear a bathing suit for a job interview.

And as for men, they'll probably think you're 'attention seeking' or something.

• I worried as much. I'll tone it down a lot then.

• not slutty. and no not really too much, although it depends on what time the class is. but since it's just a white shirt and a skirt it is a rather casual outfit but also stylish.

Obviously you may look overdressed compared to those in their pajama bottoms or just jeans and a shirt but I still don't think it's 'too much'

• It's not revealing enough, if you ask me.

Well. In seriousness, yeah. I think it does come off like you're trying a bit too hard. Unless you go to some preppy college. I think it's too fancy. It doesn't look slutty, to me. I would think some short shorts would work better. Just me, though. But, all in all, I don't think it's too terribly much.

• I go to a small preppy college in California!

• actually where i come from girls wear this kind of clothes everywhere, they don't go out of the house unless they look their best. and even if they don't look as good as you do and the clothes won't fit them the way they do on you.
    so just be yourself and wear whatever suits you and never mind anyone else.

• that was really encouraging. thank you.

• I do not think you come across as trying to hard, you look fantastic to me in that outfit.. I really do think one should totally be themselves.. within reason and not at all worry what others think about them, as people always have opinions on everything, and will think whatever they want.. even behind your back.. so let them think whatever they want.. just do not let it get to you.. it would be a far better planet to be on if people would just stay the heck out of stuff that does not concern them.. unless they are asked for their take on things

• It does look like you're trying to seduce someone wearing it.

• Well, to tell you honestly yes, it is. If you are okay with it, that's fine.

• I think you should wait until you wear something like that. It looks good no doubt, guys will like it and some people will hate you for it

So its best to start of somewhat neutral then when you got some people to chill with, you can bust out your personal identity

• It's kinda a lot for just-going-to-class but for any party that's a great choice

• If you have a body like that show it off. Its a hot outfit but not a bad one.
    Certainly a pick me up for me. ;-)

• I think you look fine. If I passed you I wouldn't really think anything of it except "wow she was hot". Still I don't go to college and don't speak for everyone else.

• You look really hot in it and will definitely get a lot of attention. If you don't want that then it's too much

• I think its sexy. What's wrong with that? But you'd better be ready for the extra attention you will get from wearing that. If that's you, you have a hell of a nice body by the way.

• Thank you!!

• You are very welcome hun. Just being honest. Thanks for taking the effort to look great!

• You look good in it but I think it is too much for college. I can see you wearing that on a night out.

• What the hell? is that even comfortable to be walking around all day? It does seem like you are trying too hard to get attention. Why don't you focus on graduating. Leave the sexy dress for date night or clubbing. There is no reason to look that sexy between classes... unless you want your professor to give you the D. ;)

• by the way, I dont find it slutty, just a waste of a good outfit just for going to class. wear something comfortable like jeans and a t shirt. I personally find a conservatively dressed woman with a nice body is quite sexy. When I finally see her naked it's even more mind blowing to know she has that hot body under that conservative outfit.

• I like that look... it's covering everything and the figure hugging nature of the clothing really flatters your body nicely... great body, too

• Where in college? In class? That looks like the outfit of someone who isn't there to study. It's fine for frat parties or something though.

• I feel you. I've actually not been to any parties this semester. And I haven't so much as said hello to a guy much less hooked up with one.

• Regardless of the reality of your situation, the outfit gives the impression that that's what you have on your mind, not the class. Professors and potential study partners may get a bad first impression and may cost you opportunities.

• I mean whatever makes you feel comfortable.

• no. and it's college. who gives a fuck? i've seen a dude streaking.

• That outfit is tight, literally!

You got it in all the right places, but that outfit does scream attention seeker.

• If you want guys staring at you non stop, go like this. If you don't want all that attention then change.

• nah, I go to a college where the guys only go for white blonde girls. I could go naked and still not get more than a passing glance.

• You are pretty the way you are

• Nothing is too "revealing" in college, this one is way too "chic" .

• Wow that looks awesome👊😄
    Its sexy, not slutty but sexy👌👌

• It's good. Looks charming to me, not slutty.

• Lol yea you do come off and try hard but some chicks can pull it off, you gotta be hot for it doe

• Alright. I'm going to wear less seductive outfits. It wasn't my intention.

• If you wanna wear revealing, Go with short shorts and same top. That bottoms just aren't going lol

• u wanna bang some young professor?

• Mehhhh but it doesn't look. casual. enough for college lol

• All I can think about when I look at you is how good you look and dirty thoughts... If you want to be taken seriously wear something less sexy. Maybe wear that to a date or a party.

• Ha, regardless of what I wear, the guys at my university ignore me.

• If you have to ask whether its too revealing then it is, tone it down a bit. Seriously no one needs to see your stomach or your legs, I actually dont want to see that stuff, so put it away. We go to school to learn, not to dress as slutty as possible.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 20

• I like it, it looks good on you! it does come off a little more "dressy" but you know what? wear it, who cares, you aren't showing THAT much skin and tbh when I was at college girls were going around in the shortest possible shorts they could get away with and belly tops with a cardigan or something over the top, it was more "casual" but showed the same amount if not more skin to what you are wearing here. I don't think it's inappropriate, and dressing up for college some times isn't a bad thing either. So long as you are comfortable :)

• It looks cute I don't think anyone cares really! I thought about wearing a mini skirt but i feel like I am might flash someone hahah! so yeah

• You're not looking for attention but you're wearing a shirt that is tight on your boobs, that doesn't even cover your stomach lol

Anyway you look beautiful regardless. And I think it would be fine for school if your shirt was a little longer. I actually really like the outfit though, it's a nice combination of casual/sexy together.

• I mean if that's what your confident in go for it. It looks like a killing outfit for a night out. Personally I would wear leggings and tops with boots or jeans and crop tops to college as I feel it's a lot more laid back at college rather than dress up xx

• Not too revealing, it just looks a little dressy just to go to college in.

• Hmmm :p
    Tbh it isn t slutty and looks really good on you.
    I d be wearing it when I go out to a club or smthn.
    But, everyone has his own style anyway. I mean I am usually a weirdo with my clothing style lol. Very artsy hipster.
    I do get critics on it but I don t care. So if you re confident enough with it and wouldn t care less what people think then just wear what the fuck you like.
    But i think you do care, since you re asking our opinion.

• It looks good but more like something that you would wear when you are hanging with friends or on dates but I would check with the college regulations.

• I don't think it is. People can assume all they want. Truth is, people can be into fashion and good students at the same time.

• Lol yes. Your Outfit looks like it's more fitting for a pool Party or a coachella event lol. Who are you trying to impress at class, girl?

• its a bit too much for school

• If you dress for yourself, than why do you care how you come across?

• Too revealing, no. It's a tad but dressy for school, but cute nonetheless.

• i don't think it's too much

• well to be honest belly shirts are a bit much. the skirt is fine.

• i think it's good.

• I'm gonna have to borrow that outfit. It is too cute.

• I like it very sexy but modest not slutty at all

• you look really great, but it's not really appropriate for college.
    you have summer?
    I'm freezing my butt off here!

• I don't think it's slutty at all. But for college? I'm not sure.

• It's not revealing or anything but it's just not suitable for a college setting