Would you shop from the Unisex/Transgender clothing collection that Zara just launched?

Zara joined the gender fluid moment and recently launched a new unisex/transgender clothing line. All of the styles in the collection are shared by both men and women. I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I think it's a big step to support the transgender community. What do you think about this? Would you be cool with sharing the same clothes as your girl/guy friends?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really my style, so no. But I think it's a great idea to challenge how clothing manufacturers think of clothes and gender. I see so many people opting to think outside the box when it comes to fashion.

Plenty of women I know like to wear men's clothing, so I think this is kind of nice. The only thing I see wrong with this is how is this going to look on people that aren't super thin?

I think their hearts were in the right place, but they will need to really expand on their options. Right now it looks like anything you can already buy out there. The designs are pretty basic.

What Guys Said 19

• So lets break it down. The guy looks like he's dressed like any average dude and the girl looks like a lesbian. How is this equal? How is this innovative?

To me it sounds like an excuse to charge more for a hoodie.

media.giphy.com/media/dtIQYbWfzB5nO/giphy.gif

• If it fits normally, then I guess why not?

But... there's no way it fits normally. Female clothings are cut differently than male ones. The male body shape is just different from the female one.

• How is this any different from just buying unisex clothing or (if you're female) buying guy's stuff in small sizes as opposed to female-fitted stuff?

• All clothes are fucking unisex wtf of course I'd be cool with it. I do think it is progressive for the trans community because it opens the doors for people to think like me. Doesn't mean they have to but now it can start to become more socially acceptable to.

• It looks okay to me - I have no problem wearing them

• It looks like pretty normal clothing - a neutral style. I guess many people would wear this without a problem :D

• Trangender people wear the clothes of the gender they identify as, androgynouse, and Agender people are the ones who really like Unisex clothes, I like Unisex clothes, but I'm neither of those, but I'd definitely buy it

• Its just a marketing gimmick, its not like the clothes will be any different.

• That has to be the ugliest most plain hoodie I have ever seen! How the fuck is that "fashion"? I'm all for unisex clothes but that doesn't justify that excuse for a cloth's existence.

• I like that hoodie so yeh

• No, because is sounds expensive as balls

• nope

• If they have anything worth buying then I don't see why not.

• No, I wouldn't. From the picture you provided, the outfits look very bland.

• Like I care.

• I would not.

• Ignoring the picture, yes I would. Totally. All the time. Boys' and mens' clothing is so BORING nowadays.

• That pic is a joke. It's what would be considered standard men's wear.

AA pushing their leggins as unisex is a little more out there.

Reality is women can wear any absurd thing as long as it flashes her body. Men have very strict and non-overtly-sexual rules of dress.

You decide who is free in this system, easy to vote for neither. THough I'd say women can easily get aware with wearing what guys wear, they may get ignored but probably not attacked for it physically.

• Those people look like they're in the 1990s. I personally wouldn't shop there if that's what the clothes look like. I like my pants to be tapered. I hate the feeling of the ends of my pants flapping around when I walk.

What Girls Said 22

• Just heard about this yesterday. Checked out the site and all. I was unimpressed. As of now, they only have basic clothing: plain t-shirts, plain sweaters, plain hoodies - in short, nothing really innovative. Unless they somehow sell unique designs you wouldn't have thought of would work for both sexes, then no. Just no. I already buy clothes from the men's section, so nothing about this is new aside from the tag.

• This is super ironic, and it shows that whoever's in charge of marketing this effort -- as well as whomever it had to go through before it hit store shelves -- knows NOTHING about the typical tg/ts audience.

I know a decent number of tg/ts individuals, and, when it comes to clothing, ALL of them are VERY much tuned-in to gender labels.
    In other words, MTF individuals SPECIFICALLY WANT "women's" clothing, and FTM individuals SPECIFICALLY WANT "men's" clothing.

I mean, this is SUPER DUPER ironic, because I'd say this is THE ONE character trait that's common to ALL the tg/ts people I know. Literally, every single last one of them.
    They find a peculiar kind of comfort in explicit gender labels on things.

So, ironically, this kind of clothing is exactly the kind of thing that the trans community DOES NOT want.
    Or at least every single trans person I've ever met, anyway.

How weird.

• Sure, I would if I liked the item. :D By the way I just took a look at their unisex collection and I don't like anything from it. All clothes are "too casual" and just baggy. I guess it's just not my taste haha.

• I like the sweater, yeah, I could wear that

if I like it, I'm gonna wear it, I don't care it says "genderqueer" with red letters

• Sure, it looks just like any other store's clothing so it's not a big deal.

• A transgender clothing line? I'm confused. I'm transgender so i just wear female clothes. I don't know any other transgirls who don't. This is basically just unisex clothes but don't those already exist?

• I have not checked out the clothes they have but if I like the clothes and they are reasonably priced, I will buy a few things.

• Sure when I buy clothes I rarely look at whether it was for mem or women (I explore both areas) so buying something that was actually intended for both males and females will probably not be that different.

• I'm just not really a fan of the unisex look. I dress in a very feminine manner

• No, I wouldn't. It's the total opposite of my style. I like to wear feminine clothes, mainly pink floral prints, skirts, and dresses.

• more photos would have been helpful

• I always liked unisex clothing though. I'm tall so they tended to fit me better. I could get smalls that were also long enough.

calling it transgender is dumb though. a bit overkill

• also unisex pants aren't such a great idea for anyone who likes form fitting clothing. men and women aren't shaped the same on the bottom

• That is not even gender fluid clothing. They are just calling it that to attract attention

• They look like boys wear to me

• yea...
    I like comfy clothes
    especially in univ

• why would i bother? it seems that they just sell regular clothes i can get at any store XD besides, if i want something from the men's section ill just get something from there, i am a woman so naturally i would like female's clothes and the variety of options but lets face it, men have HOT clothes and can pull off just about anything so i would love to shop from their section if i get the chance anytime soon

• Those outfits are extremely boring. No, I like to wear things that reflect my personality.

• looks normal. i love jeans and a comfy hoodie.

• Umm... No? Why is that even a question.

• totally! i like neutral clothing - it gives you many options to experiment with the other pieces in your closet

• No, its so plain and mostly likely too expensive. I could just get something cheap that looks just like that in the mens section at walmart

• Yes, i already do this

• It's not really my style.