Is clear nail polish pointless?

Is clear nail polish pointless?

• Yes
    15%(5)23%(12)Vote39%(7)
  • No
    85%(29)77%(40)Vote61%(11)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's a strengthening agent, and can be used as a top coat. Also when guys get manicures they often end up with a clear coat to help protect the nail.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, Not Pointless at All... It has a Purpose.
    A girl can put on as just a Base with No color or Add this as a Top Coat to her Favorite Color.
    Good luck and Great question, Beautifully done. xx

What Guys Said 9

• Lol that's like a solar powered flash ight

• I like it. Adds more life. Haha. Don't know how to explain that.

• Naw I like when girls wear it (adds a shine)

• Yes. Although the point might be to make them look cleaner and glossier; I don't care. I am a big fan of colors on girls' nails.

• Very interestingly, I was in the train yesterday and the girl in front of me had clear polish on her nails. I immediately thought of your question and my answer.

Let me say that it also depends on how your are dressed. If you are in absolutely beach clothes or literally wearing 1000% casual lounge wear, clear nails may make sense. Its only when you dress up, even if it is only for college or the mall, clear loses sense.

Oh by the way, those nails in your picture are too think and long and too square from the edge :( (just a useless comment that I could not avoid... heheh)

One more thing, clear or not, the french manicure like white edge always looks unattractive.

• French mani really? Okii thanks for the info :)

• no I think it looks a bit better, glossier

• No it made a difference

• Yeah, nail polish is in general. Still, clear nail polish is better than any other colour

• Perhaps there is a purpose that I don't know, maybe protective coating? But aesthetically, yes it does seem pointless.

• I think it's sexy!

What Girls Said 10

• Nah, clear nail polish makes sense.

• If your nails look like that after using clear nail polish you haven't really done it right. Doing a proper manicure and only putting on a clear coat looks entirely different and looks healthier and neater.

• No, it adds shine and can protect the coat underneath (if its a color) from chipping

• Nope

It gives your nails a really nice shine, making your nails look clean, sleek and elegant. It prevents them from breaking and chipping & you can wear it by itself or as a top coat over other nail polish.

• I use it. Makes my nails look shiny and I don't have to worry as much about precision since its clear.

• it looks better with it and it looks natural, that's what I like about it!

• Not really, I often use it.

• no, it adds a nice quality

• Not at all. Makes your nails more glossy.

• No, I wear it all the time!