Dark tans and bleach blonde hair?

One thing that I find just gross and a total turnoff is white girls with light blonde hair but dark tans, the kind of tans where you can tell in about 5-10 years they're going to be an extremely high skin cancer risk. I think it's gross because it's unhealthy and it just looks so . . fake!

Am I in the minority here?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know about the guys, but I agree with you. I just saw a woman like this a few days ago: she was very pretty, but had very bleached hair (black roots) and a really dark tan. Maybe fake, maybe not, but it was just such a fake look. Too bad because as I say, she was very attractive. Some guys must like it though because I often see those women with wealthy men.

• What bothers me the most is the health risks concerned with it. When I see a white girl with a dark tan, the only things that come to mind when I see it are skin cancer and the fact that she's going to look like she's 50 when she's in her late 30s. It kinda bugs me to be honest to know that these girls are willingly creating health risks for themselves and destroying their skin just for the sake of trying to look better now.

• I have never liked to tan - I just don't have the patience. I like to sit outside or on the beach for a bit, but then I get bored and want to be busy. So now I'm 41, and I pretty much everyone I meet assumes I'm in my early 30's. I think the big reason is that I have hardly any lines on my face, which I attribute to no sun. And I have to say that I've noticed a huge difference in how long I can stay out w/o burning in the last 10 years.

• By "difference", I mean that I burn much faster - the sun is def stronger now.

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 18

• haha yah, I don't find them very attractive either. I mean, I'm not attracted to people who look fake.

It is unhealthy, I guess. But it could be those tanning lotions? No? I mean, it is orangy looking.

Italians seem to like that look though. A lot of italian women are getting the tans, and the blonde hair thing. I guess its a hott look in Italy. Who knows.

Personally, (and I know a lot of women will hate me but) I think it looks cheap. I'm into the classy beauty. I think they stand out more than any other.

• i used to have white blonde hair and I remember once I pilled the fake tan on I basically looked like a walking orange with a blonde wig!

white blonde hair and really dark skin does not go a golden kind of natural tan would be ok with blonde hair but a really dark tan just looks like your trying to be something you are so not

• If that's their natural hair and skin color, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I just don't like when people try to change the way they look because they think it's more attractive. I have really fair skin and people tell me I need to get a tan, but it wouldn't look as good as my natural complexion.

• I personally don't like the look if the girl looks cheap. Meaning her blonde hair looks like straw, and her skin is a crazy unnautral shade of brown and she wears those long fake nails with decales, that look scream STRIPPER to me. But some blondes with tans looks like beach bunnies and it can be cute if it isn't extreme. I do understand what you are saying about cancer though. I am naturally pretty dark due to my ethnic background but I refuse to go tanning or layout in the sun not only for cancer but I don't want to look 50 when I am 30! Some blondes with tans look cute and natural if it isn't too far away from what they were born with. I think attractive people come in different packages, but I understand what you are saying!

• I agree with you. You should really see chicks at my school - they all look the same with their fake blonde hair and extremely tanned skin. Some of them look okay - but then some just go overboard with the whole thing.

More from Girls
13

What Guys Said 7

• I really don't care, who am I to judge what somebody dresses like? I'd rather her dress and look how she feels comfortable.

• I think the women that you described are NASTY ...not only are they nasty looking but they also have that high maintenance look at the same time, which is also unattractive

There was a group of girls in a couple of my classes in college that were like that and they had that leathery skin and hair that was basically white...they looked like those African voodoo dolls

• Personally I like a girl with a nice tan to me a pale skin girl is less attractive maybe its just because I like the beach and I guess a tan just goes with that if they like the beach to.

• It doesn't bother you at all that the girl with the nice tan now will not age well and is at a higher risk of skin cancer? The main reason I don't like dark tans is because I know it isn't healthy and when I see a dark tan all I see is skin cancer.

• Nope it doesn't bother me personally at all, I have never looked at some one well tanned and thought about how they are high risk of cancer but hey that just me.

• Don't like it either. white tan lines are not attractive.

pale skin red hair green eyes ahhhhh perfect

• Ugly and if they were a brunette ten it is hot

More from Guys
2