Would people think it's weird to wear a blazer in High school?

I just found this nice, basic blazer from H&M, that I purchased a long time ago. I've always wanted to wear it with a black front button skirt, some thick tights and some sort of shirt (either a turtleneck or a basic long sleeved shirt)

Would you consider this weird, try-hard or just anything like that?

1210

Most Helpful Guy

• guy in my high school, used to wear a suit to school every day. i mean, i wouldn't do that, but, if that's what you want to do, go ahead

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure it would be adorable! If you feel weird about it, try wearing it with denim (especially distressed denim!) first to keep it casual. Then dress it up with a skirt when you're comfortable with it!

What Guys Said 9

• It should look fine... if you own the look.

If you're wearing it doubtfully and awkwardly walking around with it, it will suck. But, wearing it while knowing it looks good on you... That should make the difference.

• It's part of school uniform here so i am probably bias, but it's fine in my opinion.

• It's not strange if you just wear it every once in a while. I had a friend who wore a sport coat occaisionally, and he wore it over a t-shirt!

• I will only wear blazers on a rather formal occasion, but you do you :)

• as long as it doesn't have blaze on it. it should be fine

• Stick out like a sore thumb.

May depend on the particular blazer but still.

• Sounds good... wear it!

• Nope anything can become a trend

• yes, it is so awkward, put it on for you, not them though

What Girls Said 11

• No, I think it would just look nice. People like sharply dressed people, even in highschool. Maybe some people would be judgmental, but not the majority. All that matters is if you look good in it.

• I think it sounds great. My bf's 10yo nephew likes to wear a bow tie to school.

• No. I like to dress up because it's makes me feel good.

• Go for it! Blazers are gorgeous.
    I have to wear one as part of my uniform :/

• A black turtleneck would look great under a blazer and that skirt/tights you described!

• I consider it clothing. Lol. Everyone is entitled to wearing what they want and like.

• wear a blazer velvet co ord set with a body chain and a lace bralette

• It's perfectly fine to wear it. Don't let what other people think get to you.

• I'm not into the preppy look myself but I have seen girls who make it work very nicely.

• Sounds perfectly fine to me. And super cute, so I don't see any problem with it. :9

• no it is not weird