How big is too big (muscles)?

Hi I was wondering what the typical girl thinks of big muscles on a guy. I am 6'1" and 180lbs. and I want to get bigger and more ripped. Would most girls find that unattractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• i like a guys that is fit...not muscle on muscle! it gets kind of nasty

What Girls Said 6

• Personally, I don't like guys that are super ripped. I like a flat stomach, but I totally perfer nice toned chest, arms, and shoulders.

link

• I like a guy who takes care of himself but doesn't look like he lives at the gym and injects steriods.

• Not at all, muscles are sexy! :P

• I like a guy with nice, noticeable muscles when he is naked, but not so buff that when he is clothed he clearly looks like a musclebound guy. Getting really buff does take time and often, steroids, so you might not want to even go there. Honestly, though, you will end up deciding what is enough for you as it becomes kind of a challenge to yourself to keep improving and you might just become a weight training junky, lol.

• Getting really buff does take time and often, steroids.. hahah that is the furthest from the truth. If a guy is able to workout and is able to eat healthy and put in a lot of protein. A guy can get really buff that way, and believe it or not that's how a lot of guys get big. If anything it should be, getting really buff takes time and every once in a blue moon, steroids.

• I guess it depends on what you mean by "really buff". My vision is a guy with muscles on top of muscles who cannot fit into regular clothing. I am around a lot of muscular guys that I agree, they did not take steroids. And, some people, men and women, gain muscle easier than others and it does not take them long to do so. But the men I have known who are competitive body builders take decades to develop their full size and many juice as well.

• like ripped guys. I don't know what 6'1 180 lbs looks like could you provide a picture?

this guy's body is really hot but if he got bigger I don't think it would look at good: link

this guy is sexy: link

i don't know if those 2 examples are considered regular muscles or really big though

this guy is too ripped: link

• So as long as a guy has washboard abs chiseled pecks and pretty big arms and it taking his pants off, he is muscular enough? but he can't be wearing a spedo at the age of 40 with steroid size muscles? sounds good haha

• When you have the muscle on your back/shoulders that bulge so much its going from near your ear lobes to the end of your shoulder. EEK!

THIS link

vs.

THESE link

• The first one is fake lol but I see where your going.

• I saw this documentary on TLC called "the man whose muscles exploded" or something along those lines, his muscles were so big and basically deformed, they couldn't handle the stress that was being put on them they just freaked. it was gross haha. Bodybuilding like that should be banned haha

• second link, take the guy all the way on the left and the guy all the way on the right, and take about the middle size in between those two. probably more closer to the guy all the way on the right though?

• how big are you already? and how big do you wanna get? give us pictures :)

• I may have to do that so keep an eye out. >.>

What Guys Said 3

• man, don't listen to some these posts please. In order to get like the "These" link that someone posted, your bodyfat has to be ridiculously low. You're skinny as it is, and if you want to gain muscle go for it. The opinions of people on here shouldn't make or break your decision to workout; hell, it shouldn't even effect it whatsoever. When most girls say they don't like huge muscles, they mean BBers. Unless you really work your ass off to be as big as a bodybuilder (diet, routine, etc.) your muscles aren't going to be that huge. In order to get that far, your diet has to be spot on. Stick to the compound lifts and eat a high protein diet and you'll be well on your way.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

• Dont get too big of muscles. Just get fit.

• Why bigger? I think most girls would prefer somebody with a nice stomach and arms that look strong but not like you just injected steroids straight into them.

• It comes in handy especially since I want to be a cop.

• What are you going to use that for though? Do you want to build more muscle to improve your image, or to lift trees off of people and tackle suspects?

• Look tougher and it will come in handy when trying to restrain people, etc.