Guys, what do you think of girls with glasses? Do you like it or not?

My general assumption is that most people tend to look better without glasses, but if somebody is attractive and has a nice pair of glasses they will also look really nice.

I am a heavy contact lens user (prescription only, not to change my eyecolor), but I recently got new glasses that I like (surprising because I have always hated glasses). I still wear contacts more often, and usually only wear the glasses in the house (contacts are just more comfortable/easier to see in for me).

Recently I showed my new glasses to a guy I know. HE always tells me I'm very pretty and attractive (Without me asking for it). I showed him the glasses and he told me I look even hotter in them because "they add to my beauty" and he thinks I look like "a sexy librarian" in them. I don't know though, I always thought that if somebody looks better in glasses it means his/her face isn't so nice by itself and the glasses hide it? But maybe I'm wrong, glasses nowadays are more like an accessory. The guy told me it isn't because they "hide my face" and that he wouldn't like a girl in glasses if she wasn't attractive to him. My dad, on the other hand, HATES girls in glasses, he was definitely not opposed to my getting contacts at a young age, and always tells people to take their glasses off for pictures.

Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• The sexy librarian thing always makes me crack up, but glasses can make you look a little more intelligent because of all the nerd stereotypes and all. To smart guys, that might be appealing because it kind of says hey I'm like you. (Even if they don't wear glasses.)

On the other hand, that's really useless if you are not a smart girl because you can just be a smart girl because you wear glasses obviously. Also, if you are a smart girl and you are not pretty, you will look nerdy and that's a turn off.

But if you are smart and pretty, then for smart guys it's super cute ^^

And there's the whole sexy librarian thing too, which I don't get. Maybe it has something to do with innocence and wanting to have sex with someone who has low expectations and doesn't get any and will be in awe, or corrupting the good virgin girl. I don't know - none of these things appeal to me, but some guys like it.

And of course, it helps if the glasses suit you in their style.

What Guys Said 4

• Honestly, it depends on the frames, but glasses can be seen as an accessory that can also enhance your looks. Of course, it could also degrade your looks as any other accessory does (say, a bad bracelet or horrid pair of ear rings). If matched nicely with the girl's face, I think glasses makes them look much prettier.

But yeah, glasses can also be used to hide things. I wear mine because it helps conceal the ring under my eye that I've had since I was a child.

• Glasses can be totally hot it depends on how you use them. and a lot of guys go for the sexy librarian thing so work it.

• I personally find a girl wearing glasses shows intellect, so yes I will probably find them more attractive, as long as they arnt those hideous things people wore in the 80's haha

I also think glasses look.. Cute

If you were attractive without glasses you would be just as attractive with glasses if not more, wearing glasses would not make you unattractive, like bubble boy said, there sort of an accessory

This is just my opinion, and I think it would vary from guy to guy

• I think it's highly individualistic and you can't generalize it one way or the other.

I think the reason many people find glasses sexy or cute is because glasses tend to make the eyes (and the area that we associate with eyes) appear bigger. Our eyes are the most "human" feature of our face.

What Girls Said 2

• A lot of guys like glasses on girls. They look cuter and smarter, even though that may not be the case. I wear glasses when my contacts are annoying me.

• i think the opposite of you. To me, people with glasses are always a lot more attractive than without