Do girls with short hair often come off as dominant, aggressive or masculine?

I was talking with a guy friend the other day and he told me I

should grow my hair out if I want to appeal to more men because

most guys like long hair on a woman because it is something

that is often not socially acceptable for them to do as themselves,

so guys, is this true? Are girls with short hair unappealing or

only attractive in a certain way?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a tricky question to answer, because it depends on the girl, how the girl looks and how she wants to present herself as well as the guy and what they prefer.

Simply: Longer hair is more feminine, and more guys like feminine girls than not. Short hair implies a more athletic or less feminine girl. (Not the same thing.)

More complex: There are still a lot of guys who like short haired girls, but most masculine guys like girls with longer hair. For me, longer hair tends to be "cuter" and that's something I'm attracted to. I especially like the way it frames the face when it's worn down. Even so, I've seen a couple of girls who were really cute with short hair. A lot of men do like girls with shorter hair.

Perhaps the best way to approach it would be to find out what kind of guy you would like to attract, and then find out what kind of hair they like. But only if you don't really particular worry about your hair style. If you really like a particular style that expresses yourself well though, wear that. Being yourself is far more attractive that trying to fit something you are not.

What Guys Said 11

• there is some degree of truth to what he says but not that drastic, and it really all comes down to preference. basically, in the caveman days they say men used to be very rough with women during sex and grab their hair, which is why men are naturally inclined to like longer hair. because it was used for something back in the caveman days. but me, personally, I think it varies depending on what goes best with her facial features. also, shorter hair gives the illusion of being more athletic, which some guys prefer, but others dont.

• Most men do prefer short hair. If a girl has a feminine hair cut and acts feminine, then she may be viewed that way. I look at personality more than physicality. Maybe I'm in the minority.

• To me, it doesn't matter either way

Although in my experience, most short-haired women tend to be really liberal

but that's just my observation

Just be who you are

as most with short hair, it usually fits them for some reason.

• Ask Halle Berry. I think she would disagree with his assessment.

• No there have been meny girls I have seen with short hair and if anything it made them more atractive. one guy can't speak for us all

• Well I like short hair :o

• depends on the girl, but yes

• It really depends on the girl.

Longer hair is always a safer bet, but some girls can pull it off, if they're already very attractive.

I have met a few girls who actually look BETTER with short hair, but this is pretty rare.

• HELL no I love women with short hair. It makes them look serious, intelligent and togeather

• Girls with short hair will always be appealing to me! :)

• Fuck no. That's nonsense.

Short haired girls exude more energy to me and they are even more feminine to me. When I think short hair, for some reason I think of laughing and playing with girls in the red-orange leaves in autumn.

What Girls Said 6

• I have short hair, as do most of my friends, and none of us have ever had problems dating. It all depends on whether or not you can pull it off. But you can have short hair and be feminine, not be dominant, not be aggressive. A lot of it is the stereotype of the power female, the corporate bitch who does anything to get where she wants and throws off her femininity. But really, most of us get short hair because it is easier to fix, takes less time, and looks more mature. I've found that, with long hair, I'm not taken nearly as seriously as I am with short hair, too.

But do what you want. It is your hair, and some guy will appreciate it.

• Yes, at least in the United States. Of course many of the longer haired fall in the same category.but the short haired ones generally live up to that image.

I've considered cutting my hair but this is the reason I haven't!

It's not that way in other countries at all. The short haired woman wanting to be a man is a species largely limited to the United States.fortunately.

• First, you must always wear your hair the way you want to and what you think looks best!

By and large, men do like women with longer hair. The age has a lot to do with it too I believe.

More mature women have shorter hair! As for me, I'm very petite and small, so my hair is short for years. I"m anything but masculiline, the short hair suits my personality.

• I think girls should be able to wear thier hair however they want.

Sure, there's gonna be some gay ass shallow fag who likes the bleach blonde and her down-to-her-back hair extensions. But you know what? there's always gonna be those people. You can be feminine and beautiful with short hair. My best friend has short hair and she's one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen, and she's a model!

• well I mean I take it your strait . if you were a lesbian it may be a different story cus girls who are attracted to "studs" and whatnot . as for if your striat . I think it depends. like if you have a buzz cut which I doubt you do or something like jamie lee curtis' hair in the movie freaky friday . that kinda hair just works for certain people. its like if your gonna have whatever length hair there has to be somethin with it, whether its long hair with layers or curls or short hair with spikes. it all depends on what you do with it I think.

• Yes, indeed, and they mostly want it that way.As Lan says, it's not true in other cultures so much, but among the Condie Rice Brigade here in the US, yes indeed.