Why do guys wear underwear with their bathing suit?

their bathing suit. so guys why do you do this? that's so strange to me...

ive seen some of my guy friends do this, and they said the mesh thing that comes built in hurts their junk so that's why they wear their underwear with it, so I thought it was weird

Most Helpful Guy

• No that makes no sense. Most men's bathing suits come with internal "underwear-like" mesh stuff so that your junk doesn't hang everywhere. Wearing underwear with bathing suits is just going to give you wet underwear and nobody wants that.

• i know right? that's like girls wearing regular underwear with their bikini bottoms lmao

What Guys Said 19

• That Q made me laugh! Some people do that ? I'd prefer flashing my stuff than having that wet underwear feeling! LOL

• well I mean us girls don't wear anything underneath our bathing suits either and we are more likely to accidentally flash people than guys

• True. I think some people are just very shy and self-conscious. I'm very sexual and comfortable with myself, so I'm never worrying about this kind of things. But then again I went streaking on a dare and also had sex in public places, so I'm probably the weird one anyway. Lol

• They do it for the same reason (kinda) that some guys wear suspenders AND a belt; they're only concerned that while enjoying a day at the shore, an errant loaf might ease its way out of their rectum and lay waste to the festive mood. In such instances, a pair of tighty whities will assuredly secure the loaf, and save the day.

• As a kid I used to do that out of habit.

Now, after thinking about it...I see no reason to. Wearing undergarments under swim trunks just makes it take longer to dry off & weighs you down...really no benefit to wearing them. :)

• haha yeah my guy friend always gets a ton of sand caught inside his underwear while at the beach so I see no point in it

• We don't. lol Anyone who does that is weird

.

• so it's not so obvious when we get ragers haha.

but seriously, that's why.

• I do it because I wear running shorts instead of actual swim trunks.

• I buy board shorts that don't have the mesh. And I don't know its just a thing you do. I could ask why girls wear bras but as you can see the answer is analogous.

• I can't say I've ever heard of someone doing this before, aha. Your guy-friends say the mesh hurts their junk? Wow, they must be really sensitive. :S

• Guys who wear underwear under their trunks are MORONS. I've never even heard of such a thing until now.

• whos to say guys who dont, aren't morons. I dont, but, it doesn't give you the right to call people names if they do something diff. than you.

• dont be a little prick samoht. there is absolutely no reason for a significant chunk of the male population to wear underwear under their trunks. that is moronic.

• I used to do it out of lazyness or I'd think of surf shorts as regular shorts so I'd feel the need of having underwear. But now I don't cause it's stupid.

• i don't, never understood why other guys do though

• haha I'm going to confess I do it. I have no idea why, I guess its just a trend and I follow along

• Because we would prefer not to flash everyone

• I never wear underwear

• you need to remember some of us guy can sport a boner pole with a calm breeze. So if the girls are in thongs sporting them hard little nipple and a wisp of pagina hair is showing I would rub winky raw in the mesh so I sometimes wear 2 pairs of tighty whites.

• Its because some of the bathing suits don't have that mesh type stuff or whatever. so I mean underwear is better than not having anything to cover up down there .

• well, often you just can't trust the mesh. better to be safe then worry about someone making an unwanted appearance.

• so that something like this doesn't happen. you know how embarassing it'd be, especially if his swimsuit came all the way off. by the way. girls have had bathing suit malfunctions too. link

• The mesh is one good reason.

But also, you don't want to leave skidmarks on your bathing shorts.

• ew? I don't wear underwear with my bathing suit and don't leave skidmarks... so wtf ha

What Girls Said 10

• I've been reading the answers from the guys here. So they're afraid of their junk being exposed? Shoot. Boys, let me tell you something... there is a better chance of one of my boobies falling out of my bikini top AND having my bikini bottom refuse to stay on my butt in the same day. It HAS happened. Don't worry about your winkies. They're forever hidden in your magic swim pants.

• lmao, I thought the same thing as I read the guy's answers

• Oh, that's hardly by choice, sweetie. You've misread my comment. I mean that girls are very more likely to have a wardrobe malfunction than guys.

• haha, you are forgetting about the risk of getting pantsed, when I was kid I used to wear speedos under my swim shorts because a girl in our class loved pantsing us boys :)

• I've always wondered this... a bunch of guys I know do that too. O.o

• I don't know either :/ it's so silly!

• Wow guys, I've never seen that happen stop being so paranoid. Girls are the ones with the bikinis that embarrassingly fall off while they go down a waterslide, and get their bikini bottoms wedged into their buttcrack.

• When I was teaching lifesaving courses last summer, I asked my co-worker that question (4 of my students did that) and he said its because they might be paranoid about us seeing their junk!

Nonsense.

• my boyfriend just wears his swimming shorts, he never wears underwear underneath ..

• Love this question, I have always wondered about that

• i do, I can't go out there and not feel naked.

• They do?! :S

• My hubby does because he says that his penis might pop out and the mesh does not really hold it well. Maybe the guys who don't need to wear them have smaller penis so they don't have this problem.