Why are so many people overconfident of their looks?

I admit I'm guilty of it sometimes, too. Both men and women I see everyday seem to be waaay too overconfident, whether it be a nasty looking black guy saying outloud to their faces "id bang her, I won't bang her" or the fat girl that thinks she's model material and sticks her nose up at 99.99% of guys.

I do think it is mostly a problem with females and their "i'm a princess" mentality that has been drilled into their heads since childhood... But some guys admittedly are way too alpha male and confident despite being nasty looking or average. So it does go both ways. Just mostly females... :)

Most Helpful Girl

• " "i'm a princess" mentality that has been drilled into their heads since childhood"

That's a very good point. You want to know what I use to play when I was little, no joke, CEO. LOL I was so weird.

Anyways, I think it's because not enough people check them on their overconfidence. So many people lie and tell other people they're attractive because they don't want to hurt their feelings this ultimately leads to people being overconfident. Women tend to believe (or take to heart) compliments like these more than men that's why more women are like this. I think the way they're raised also plays a huge part (like you pointed out the "i'm a princess" mentality), something we kinda have to deal with. I don't think it's all that bad though.

• I guess it's not all that bad either. I just find it annoying when a nasty guy disrespects women he thinks aren't good enough for him. Likewise, I get a little pissy when I walk past an ugly fat girl and she sticks her nose up at me and looks straight ahead.

• Think about it this way, those people are living a lie. Sucks for them, right?

What Girls Said 6

• I was never a princess, I was always the activist :P

But anyways, I kind of prefer people being overconfident than I would if people weren't confident at all. Although it does get on my nerves, at least they're happy. People who have no confidence in themselves are normally unhappy with themselves and I don't like to see people feel unhappy :P

I just avoid the guys who think they're the sh*t. It's not too hard.

• ...Ask the hottest girl you've ever seen what she doesn't like about herself. Guarantee you'll get a list a mile long.

People act like this to hide how insecure they are, generally. Especially women. Did you ever notice how much of women's magazines are dedicated to bettering yourself/fixing "problems"? The rest of it is dedicated to the women we're supposed to look like. It's a constant barrage of your faults in your face, a constant competition, and you need thick skin if you want to feel even decent.

And like FierceMegan I was a warrior, not a princess. Just sayin'.

• I was never a princess, I was a warrior, and no one disagreed.

• I've never noticed that people are overconfident with their looks. Psh...I'm certainly not confident at all with how I look. Good thing my parents never drilled the "I'm a princess" mentality...at least I'm not delusional...

• well I guess since they're confident then they're treated as though they're attractive?

idk

• hmmmn I mean we all have to find someone one day our the one or significant other and theyre just showing the best of what theyve got so they can find someone, I think its a better option than to be insecure sit around and quiet and not do anything cause that way you'll never find anyone. everyone is made for somebody else, we all have to get married someday or find our SO.

• What you say sounds nice on paper but it is very unrealistic.

• You do realize that 99% of girls date 10% of the guys right? Either the guy cheats on the girl wth multiple girls or a girl has "boyfriends"... There are lots of guys that will always be alone cuss women are bitches.

• LMAO dudeee that is way off. you have no proof or scientific evidence.

What Guys Said 4

• I believe everyone has that 1 angel that brings out their good qualities, But most people are way to fool of themselves. But what do we define as good looking? Everyone is different in everyone's eyes. people where allot uglier in the past as well so things are changing each day.

I can't stand when a larger woman wears overly tight clothing. Seriously just because someone half your size can fit into it does not me you can lol. Same thing goes for guys. I hate fat dudes in tight pants and "Girl pants". makes me wana puke.

• I LOLed at your comment about fat dudes in tight pants. I know of just a guy and he actually has an extremely hot girl. I'm like "W...T...FFFF"

• I know tons of dudes who are fat, or plain ugly when it comes to basic looks and are with the hottest woman.

• I agree with you. I have to honestly say that I sometime's have to get my ego in check. I don't think I am better than anyone, but I am confident in myself. A woman with that attitude is attractive to me, but when she start's acting like she is better than people, deserves unrealistic thing's, and people to be subservant to her, that is a big turn off. No matter what she look's like. It's important to find a balance between self-confidence and arrogance. You have to be realistic.

• who cares? those girls with princess syndrome will wake up one day and realize they're not as hot as they thought they were, that's when it's too late and they become desperate :P

• LOL good point cyrus7.

• I'm simply confident because I'm awesome... plain and simple.