Is a size 14 too big for you?

I was having this conversation with my guy friend and he said size 14 is "okay I guess, but nothing bigger" :/

I'm a size 14... I don't think I'm fat, but I'm not slim.. I'm just curvy... I'm 5'10 so I carry it well etc, but I was just wondering what you guys think, is a size 14 too big? x

Its funny how guys don't think its big but girls do...
size 14 uk say size... which would be a 12 in the usa x

Most Helpful Guy

• Weight questions are a trap for men. You'll get mad if we say you're fat and you'll get mad if we don't say you're fat because you think we're lying or "telling you what you want to hear". The girl I like asked me the other day, if I thought she was fat. She isn't of course, but I was obviously able to say yes, simply because she truly ISN'T fat. However had I said yes, I would have been in trouble possibly because she could already think she's not fat.

However, she's not that well endowed..meaning if you have big boobs you're going to APPEAR larger than if you were to have smaller boobs. That's just a fact of life, you're going to get called fat by jealous women. That's about it...

• Seems like people agree with me...

What Guys Said 12

• No not at all. And I wouldn't consider you close to the borderline of being too big either. I'm on the bigger side too so I may be more lenient that some guys, but I have no problems with a size 14.

• Curves are great. Size 14 is just fine ;)

• Not at all.

• Frankly...you look yummy to me. :)

I have no problem with a size 14.

• 5'10 is pretty tall for a girl. So you can pull it off better than a short girl I'm sure. I like girls to be a little bigger (anyway you say that it sounds rude, I mean it in the best way.) anyways. So 5'10 and size 14 would not be a problem at all (To me anyways.) If that's you in your profile picture you look real pretty. (Again I mean that in the best way. Not trying to be an internet creep.)

• Perfect :))

• I love curves so no 14 is cool!

• most butt guys like a girl to have a real figure... I would be afraid of hurting a skinny girl or a tiny short girl. I want a woman I can grab and kiss! (besides some skinny girls get cranky... I think it's because they are hungry!) :)

• No problem.

• It's not fat...some girls are jealous lol

• I don't even know what a size 14 is or what it would look like, I can't visualize it because girl sizes for clothes are stupid :)

But I'll say that you're taller so naturally you're going to be thicker than a shorter girl. And honestly, it most likely fits you (I don't know what you look like overall). Taller girls that are still skinny look gangly and kind of odd. Taller girls just naturally have more thickness to them because it's still proportional to them. So I'd say if it helps you, then work out and keep toned but otherwise you shouldn't worry about being super thin.

• Sounds good to me and your very cute!

• I don't know how measurements usually go? But I don't fuss to much over weight of a potential partner if she is healthy.

What Girls Said 7

• In most places a UK 14 is a US 10 - not 12.

And honestly, I don't think guys shop for girls in sizes. Two size 14 girls can look completely different; some people wear it well, some people don't all. But looking at your photo I'd say you have nothing to worry about - you don't look big at all from what I can see.

And no - I don't think size 14 is 'big'.

• honestly for your height that's not very big. if you feel like you are and look healthy that's what matters. don't worry about your (size) it honestly is about how you carry it. I personally think your so gorgeous and I think its stupid if anyone says that's too big. I'm a bit taller than 5'5 and I've been a size zero but I much prefer being a size 4-5 because how I carry my weight I look better with more of it.

• Eh, I'm terrible with American sizes (assuming that's US?). 'Cos you're taller, it's more likely you can pull it off. Also, most sizes are complete gollywobble. It's about your body shape and proportions. From your picture (though hardly any of you is visible lol) you look great. And if you're curvy, I'm guessing it's in the right places. I'm 5'10" too, and I think I look better with some curves than when I'm stick thin. If you're comfortable, work it. :)

• Size 14 in English sizes... I'm from liverpool ;)

But thanks for your answer :)

• Oh! I'm Australian, so we and the UK have similar sizing. I'm fairly sure that a US 14 is like an 18 or something UK/Aus - so you should put an update saying it's a UK size - you'd get a MUCH more different response. A 14 isn't big at all!

• At 5'10 it's borderline. It's not a bad weight to be and the girl probably looks cute at that weight but don't get any bigger.

• link

Ehh, depends on how you hold your weight...but naw, you're tall so you aren't going to magically become a size 0. So no.

Now for someone my size, 5'2 1/2, 14 is gigantic.

• Size 14 is big in my opinion.

Since you say you carry it well, then you have nothing to worry about.

• Size 12 is still too big.

• Yeah I get what you mean etc, it does just depend on the height/proportions etc,

Yeah it wouldn't fit you at all, if I was like 5'5 id prob be a lot bigger and wouldn't be able to carry it haha

• Exactly! LOL

You're pretty too so see, it comes together so well.

• size 14 is really big if you are 5'5". But you are 5'10" and from your default I would assume yyou were pretty thin. I think it's overweight, but not huge or anything

• Yeah I know it depends on height! but thanks :) I have other pics on my profile like, I don't think I'm big myself at all, x