Lol is it wrong to show off your body?

i work out everyday at home and school and when I'm working out at school at lunch time I would take my shirt off or pull my sleeves up and a bunch of guys would tell me to stop showing off I would say how am I showing for being proud of the way my body is and sometimes I would walk threw the hallways with my sleeves all the way up or just wearing a tank top in a way I am showing off lol but a guy always likes to impress the ladies right so I don't see how it so wrong I like getting complemented by the ladies saying look at the guy look at those muscles he so hot I like getting compliments like that so am I in the wrong to show off?

okay do you also think its wrong to post pictures of yourself on Facebook or what ever I don't mean anything that's private on a person body I mean like posting pictures of my abs or me with a shirt off or if anyone did that would you say that's wrong and consider that showing off beacause a lot of people do that

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly can't see what's so wrong about showing YOUR body. As long as you have a great personality then it shouldn't matter if you have pics on fb withou your shirt. I hav guy friends who take pics looking nonchalant (meaning they don't look like they're posing) and they hav 20+ likes and 30+ comments and noooo one says put your shirt on.unless you talk about your body too much or have a cocky personality then you wearing no shirt is being extra but if you love your bod then it shouldn't b a big deal

What Girls Said 8

• It probably comes off as being arrogant.

Like it's cool to love your body image and be confident - but just showing off purposely and desperately for compliments is kinda lame.

The best compliments are the one you get when you aren't trying. Means people take the extra time to notice your attributes since you aren't shoving them in their face.

It's okay to be subtle and sexy lol.

You'll still get the admiration you so hungrily desire.

• yea I know what you mean

• @Update

Lol every guy friend of mine just about - has an ab picture. That's not showing off - it's like how girls will dress up in psuedo sexy outfits and put those pics on Facebook. It's just letting those who see the picture know you have something attractive about your body.

Everyone wants to feel attractive - so I don't condemn you for your shirtless escapades - but there's a line between confidence and arrogance.

Even guys / girls who post a lot of ab or sexy pics raise a red flag.

• lol your right agian

• I think it just makes you look insecure and a bit pathetic, sorry. It also might make you come off as a player. I'd rather see a guy with a great body who doesn't show it off because it leaves mystery and shows that he's got class. If I knew a guy who did what you do, I'd probably think he was insecure and digging for compliments. I'd be really turned off.

• oh ouch

• sorry, I don't mean to be an ass but I'm just being brutally honest so that you get the message

• no I get what you mean my mom said something like that to like ig a guy goes around braggin and stuff and acting all high and mighty its arrogant and stuff and being arrogant isn't cool and she said girls like what you said the mystery type who are quiet about there bodies and stuff and they liked to be surprised ya your right

• Nope. Its your body and if you think you look hot and you wanna flaunt it then I don't see why you cant.hmm, maybe your friends are just jealous. Jk :P

• there is a time and place to show off your body we can tell if you have a nice body with your shirt on but on the beach its sexy to see a guy with a nice body with out a shirt. oh and taking off a guys shirt in the heat of everything to fine out his body is amazing is that much hotter.

• you can do whatever you please, but it looks kind of douchy

• Huh? So you randomly pull up your shirt in the cafeteria?

• lol no I mean after I'm done working out in the weight room I would just walk threw the halls with my shirt off I won't be doing that anymore though

• lol! Oh! Glad it wasn't the way I thought! lol

• sometimes it just looks like you are trying too hard.

• a guy with a good bod still has a good bod with clothes on. we can tell

What Guys Said 4

• There was a quote one I heard from somewhere when a guy said " There's no time for clothes in a situation like this, besides, clothes for those people who have "insecurities"."

I mean people is always going to band against something that doesn't support their cause/ views.

I usually wear clothing, but one time my brother tried on this jacket that he couldn't fit, then he passed it to me and it fit me perfectly, he got upset at me , he said " remind me on our way back to get you a double stacked cheese burger with a shake."

ITs not wrong, but others will always not like it, besides ,I'm like you, but I wear clothes because I'm too cautious of other peoples feelings around me, just do you bro.

• Not if you have something to shoe off. Sounds like you dont

• No, it isn't wrong. It does send out some clear messages, though. Besides just being proud, ofcourse.

• You sound like you're full of yourself. That itself isn't going to impress the ladies. It's one thing to show off your body, but when you come off as a pompous ass, girls won't be turned on by that. By your muscles, sure, but not by your attitude. This does not apply to ALL ladies, but for the most part. Guys probably tell you to stop showing off because you're acting like a douche bag. Not saying that is the case because I don't know you so I can't say for sure if you are one, but that might be one reason why.

Is it wrong to be proud of your body? No, but you gotta watch how you do it if you care what other people think of you. One of my close friends is ten times worse than you, and I tell him straight up what I am telling you. Except I am being a bit nicer about it to you, whereas with him I am even more brutally honest since I actually know him and know exactly how he acts around people and in the weight room.

• @update

Taking pictures of your abs? No, that's fine. As long as you aren't uploading tons of ab pictures, and nothing but picture of your abs. That would be kind of pathetic, but if you like your body and you take pictures of yourself with your shirt off, that's fine. Just don't over do it.