Should your hips suddenly have a growth spurt/widen at?

the age of 18/19? I've just turned 19, I'm not fat at all, I'm very slim but I can't fit into ANY of my jeans since about 2 weeks ago. Its like I get to my thighs/hips and I really have to pull them up over my hips, and then it is impossible to do the button up! I haven't put on any weight and I can feel it is my hips restricting me doing them up.

Im definitely not pregnant lol. Does this mean my boobs are likely to have a growth spurt too? I'm not fussed if they don't lol I just want to know what to expect. I'm not getting any taller though which is odd. Can anyone relate?

• Yes that happened to me its normal
  • No, how strange!

Most Helpful Guy

• As a dood, I can say no. But I think it's normal for many girls.

What Guys Said 3

• It is normal to the twentieth

• Hips = sexy

Don't worry about it.

• Your frame is filling out with womanly shape. Those are a good thing, as they are a mark of a woman. Just like when a man matures and gets bigger arms and a filled out chest. It happens but you just learn to use it to your advantage.

What Girls Said 4

• Well wide hips are a sign of fertility. I would say that although its weird that this just happened at your age, its probably normal. Also, you may have gained weight but the fat only went to your hip area which is my guess.

• I'm 15 years old almost 16 and all the pants I had from 14 and early 15's don't fit me anymore. And I know it's my hips because I haven't gained any weight either and I don't have fat on my hips, it's just that they are further developing. When I lay on my side my hip bone sticks out like it never did before. They are just getting wider. But don't worry about it. Clothes not fitting can be discouraging but you've got to realize it's just part of life to grow whenever and wherever and luckily wide hips are sexy and make having kids easier if your planning that in your future. 2 positives :) and a shopping spree for new pants...

• Yeah when I was like 21 none of my pants from earlier years fit anymore.

I think its just growing up, no worries, you're still sexy.

• Mine didn't, I've still got a pair of jeans that I bought when I was 14, they still fit me and I'm 19 going on 20 but then again I developed at a young age if you was a late bloomer then that could be why.