Do guys hate modest looking girls?

I never wear cleavage showing blouses or shorts I have great looking legs and all that but prefer to be modest and covered .

Most Helpful Guy

• I am almost 25 years old, single and hating it. I wish I could say its because I set my standards to high, but its not. I love very homely down to earth girls. I don't like the blondes showing skin and leg and cleavage. When I'm out with my friends, yea sure I notice it, and would love to take a girl lookin all slutty and hot back to my place, but I would never date a girl who dresses that way. So to answer your question, yes, I prefer modest women over slutty looking girls. Because a modest girl can only be one of two things. She is either shy and I find that adorable, or two, she has respect for herself and feels she doesn't need to dress like a skank, and I adore that as well. A woman with standards and self respect is a girl you can marry, and that's what I am looking for :)

What Guys Said 11

• Trust me that won't stop a guy from checking you out.

• not at all modest is cute and hard to find

• Dressing modestly is great, but it won't really make any difference if a guy isn't attracted to you, yourself...

• I don't hate them. I prefer that gal that I'm with to be modest, but I don't mind it when other women are not. If you're dressed aggressively then that means you're looking for attention. And that's fine for all the single women out there. I don't mind looking at them, but that doesn't I want to be with one of those women.

• "modest" can look good, but at the same time it can look bad too. Same with showing off too much. You don't have to look slutty when showing off some skin, and you don't need to cover up all the time either. Sometimes I find I have the most fun when the girl is showing off some skin, and not so much that I don't have to imagine what she looks like under her clothes.

• Guys can always use their imagination if your covered up. Do you at least wear dresses or you don't like showing off your legs?

• I use to wear shorts but felt weird as a lot of guys would stare at me and stop wearing shorts .

• Doesn't matter.

• Dude, that's a kick ass look. I think its very sexy, and it inform people that your not promiscuous.

• I love modest looking girls, what do you normally wear?

• No, not at all. I prefer it. You'll be seen more as an attractive, classy woman. If you wear short skirts and lots of cleavage, you'd be seen as someone he would like to do.

• If you're pretty, you're pretty.

What Girls Said 3

• There is a big difference between modesty and looking like a prude or someone's 85 year old grandmother, I always dress modestly but I still get heaps of attention and no guys ever seem to complain for example I would wear skinny jeans, over the knee boots with a low heel, a more baggy cardigan (buttoned up like a sweater) with a scaf that covers any cleavage/ chest.

• i consider myself modest looking. guys don't really approach me, and if they do they tend to be really old. modesty attracts old fashioned men.

of course, depends on your personality, too.

• of course if you are physically attractive, you can get away with looking modest and still have guys all over you...then again, if you're not so attractive, I think you should stick with modest clothing, because then at least smart guys will think, "hey she's not so pretty, but at least she's not a slut, and seems to have some morals and sense...let's give this girl a try"...but if you're unattractive and dress too revealing, guys will think, "hey she's not pretty and she's a slut".

• sure, some guys might use you for a one night stand, but they probably won't pursue any form of meaningful relationship with you.

• the best combo is a decent looking to pretty girl in modest clothing if you want to attract right guys, IMO :)

• No, but they tend to not really like modest girls who are arrogant and so concerned with being modest that they are boring plain Janes.