Girls- Your opinion on balding men.

Most men on this planet will experience some kind of hair. Thankfully I'm not affected yet, but I'm only 19 at the moment.

But lets say you've met a guy with a great personality, I mean he is a smart, fair, etc etc, has a good job. But he seems to have trouble in the whole hair department, would this really be a deal breaker.

My view is that if he is healthy and has a good physique i.e. not flabby but lean and fairly toned, that him being a bit bald (or fully) shouldn't be a bother.

The opinions I'm guessing vary over age ranges.

• If everything else is good then baldness doesn't matter.
  • It matters a little (give reasons?).
  • Being bald is a deal breaker.
  • I find (bald/very short hair) (sexy/attractive).
  • Other? (give reasons).

Most Helpful Guy

• Well buddy, its not like girls are perfect either...

Everyone has several pros & cons and you are just part of the normal population lol.'

Some girls don't like the short or bald cut and others don't have a problem or dig it.

I am not sure (as I am not a girl), but I am sure guys like Jason Statam, Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis must not have too bad of a problem with dates.

As for your baldness, don't be insecure about it and do your hair in a way that makes you sharp looking (i.e cut it short/neatly trimmed or a style that suits you - you can refer to a barber). Be confident, self-assured and a respectable/honorable person. Confidence is key.If you do so, you will be miles ahead in the game...unless that female is just a vagina and not a girl.

In a guy's world, a shaved head is often seen as 'bad-ass'.

Think of it as a trait or a 'filter' that would separate the bitches from girls who do deserve your attention, love and respect.

IMHO, given the number of freaks out there, Baldness ( for a guy especially) should be one of the lesser important things in the 'list of requirements'. But, heh, that is up to them! Lol.

Good luck!

• I'm not bald. Was just making the point, as some people see it as really gross and it's just a course of nature.

I can say I'm not bald yet, but will be likely. Take it in stride.

Thanks for your contribution.

What Girls Said 21

• I'm not going to pretend it is something I'm attracted to. It might be a minor turn-off in the beginning... but in the end, what really matters is the personality. I've liked guys with hair loss before. Heck, I'm still crazy about Prince Wills. His hair is not a deal breaker for me by a long shot.

How he goes about it - i.e. if he's one of those guys constantly complaining about it - might break the deal. Love yourself and accept yourself. I can't be more comfortable with you than you are with you.

• Balding men don't bother me even thought I really appreciate a nice head of hair. It is not fair to penalize people for genetics we have no control over. No combovers please. just let it go or keep it cut very low.

• It's inevitable with age so I'm not concerned about it by any means.

• Other.. it depends on how it looks on him

Some guys, look amazing bald.. to the point of looking ridiculous with hair...

Other guys, look horrible bald...

• Since most men end up with thinning hair, it's not that big a deal. It's just normal.

• I honestly wouldn't care about that if I thought he was the perfect guy for me.

IMO, if men start to bald, they should just shave their head. Usually balding does not look very attractive, whereas shaving your head completely can look very attractive.

• I don't necessarily find badness a turn on. But an attractive man will still be attractive with a receding hairline. I think too many men try to grow their hair out when it starts to recede and it just ends up looking scraggly and bad. Buzz it short if it starts to go IMO and it looks fine =)

• Well I am bald...but that is not a reason to unfriend me...why did you?

• As you see from my profile. I have no "friends" on this site. People send you random friend requests and then never talk to you. I don't see the benefit of it. No offense intended.

• Baldness doesn't bother me at all, especially if he's already a fit guy. Some guys look great bald too. I wouldn't say baldness is specifcally a turn on, but like I said, if the guy is fit, it's fine. And it happens with age, I don't expect my guy to have great hair forever. And if he has a well kempt head (no weird bumps or anything) all is well, and I have no issues at all.

• Some people have natural bumbs though... that's genetics.

• I don't find balding men discourage, besides bald men looks more handsome.

I heard someone who was going bald and he used Reloxe, his hair grown so fast after he used it. Maybe you should try this.

• B -he has to work on other things to make up for it.

• I know what you're getting at. You mean things like his physical fitness and muscle and stuff; make up for missing hair with added masculinity... I'm guessing that's what you mean at least.

• It's bound to happen some day, so I might as well except it. But it also the way the guy treats it. Growing out your hair while you only have half your scalp or a comb over and not the way I'd like it.

• Bald guys are a big turn off for me.

• Some guys look good when they are bald, I've no problem with baldness.

• I'd rather not have children with a guy that is going bald at such an early age ^^ I know this sounds wrong, but I want to avoid passing that on through the gene pool. Balding does not happen to men or women in my family. I know it is a huge confident blow to young guys and I just don't want to risk doing that to them...

• I'd say it depends really. I'm not bald so I can't say from experience but confidence is more than just the shallowness of ones appearance but how they act.

And frankly if we all had a similar ideal to you we'd be affecting the genetic diversity quite severely, IMO.

• That's not always a bad thing.

• Explain.

• I don't think it would bother me. It's pretty normal and almost every man has to go through it.

It would basically be like leaving a woman because she has periods lol

• I can't explain why, but I typically find bald guys to be sexy.

• The majority of men lose their hair. If I were to ditch a guy who is losing hair now, the odds are whatever guy I marry will lose his hair eventually!

My boyfriend is older than me, and he has some grey hair- but that doesn't matter to me. Even though every other boyfriend of girl's my age don't have that issue, it doesn't bother me. It's hair.

• Depends...

Is he completely bald like Mr Clean and he shaved it because he's balding or is it just really short cut like how black dudes get their hair cut? If it's the former then I don't like it.

• I HATE BALDNESS. my dad and brother went and shaved their heads bald. I'm so angry. I just can't stand it. I don't know y.

• It matters a little because I am not attracted to that baldness. At a young age, it is a turn off, but I mean really-- it's something you can't help. So personality and face are what are most important to me.

• As I say, Robert Downey Jr. is balding but you can't tell due to how it adapts and makes it part of his appearance but not hiding it.

• turn off! balding adds like 20 years on a guy

What Guys Said 2

• Other: I wanted to see the results of the poll.

• jason statham rocks a bald head