I want to look 21 not 17 any tips?

Even tho I took cosmetology class I can do others people hair all day and makeup but mine no way! I look young I see girls get guys when they look "older" than there actual age I even dress kind of young But I'm getting better. I'm trying to stay away from printed tees and go with lacey shirts and flats things of that sort.

My hair I have side swept bangs but it's always this one hair I can't get to go into my clip on the side its on the short side now medium I guess past my shoulders (trying to grow it back out).

I need help I need makeup,hair and fashion advice I want to be taken seriously & treated like my age not how I look.

IM 21 NOT 17

Most Helpful Girl

• Reading some of these answers was entertaining, but here's my advice on how to look older.

Being one of those "young girls who looks older" (I've looked 4 years older than my age since I was 15) here are some of the things I've noticed with myself and other girls my age who look older.

If you want to look older:

1. get rid of the side swept bangs, they make you look younger.

2. wearing a full face of makeup usually helps, ESPECIALLY contouring, eyeliner, and filling in the brows. (also thinner/more arched eyebrows make you look older) so try to go for more of a thin arched look rather than a rounder fuller eyebrow shape.

3. keep growing your hair out, definitely makes you look older.

4. try a middle parting, loose curls, or just have straight flowy hair.

5. as long as you got the hair/makeup part down what you wear usually doesn't matter, but don't wear printed t-shirts, sneakers, flip flops?

but yeah, like I said, a lot of it is about the makeup (contouring and eyebrows especially)

its gonna take some time to get used to all this, but hope I helped :)

What Guys Said 8

• enjoy looking younger that you are, better to be 21 and look 17. Than to be 21, and look 41.

I look at 20 something girls, that thanks to make up damage, smoking and drinking and too much parting. Look Twice their age.

I know a few girls that I though were my age, and than was shocked to learn were not even 30 yet.

Women are evil bitches, don't listen to them about how to look older.

• aww thanks I don't wear makeup maybe once and a while and I feel like I have to "compete" sometimes b.c guys always go for the older looking makeup on type girl

• Their loss. Hold out for someone that see you for who you really are inside, and not someone that is judging you by your physical appearance only.

• When you were 15, looking older was an advantage. At your age it's questionable. And by a year or two from now, looking younger will attract more guys - and that will continue for the rest of your life.

• the world doesn't revolves around guys

• when you do your makeup start with a light foundation so you don't get a dolls completion then put on a semi-dark lipstick if you wear lipstick and a medium to light shade of eye shadow with either no eye liner or black eyeliner with mascara that's ionly general tips since I haven't seen you

• Grow a beard? :/

• look your age, when your 21 you'll wish you looked like you were 17

• Newports, coffee and methamphetamines always do the trick

• Get pregnant, that's what all the 17 year old girls do

What Girls Said 11

• Pencil skirts.

Blazers.

Blouses.

It really depends what look you want to go for though. There are plenty of people who wear printed tees and still look their age. It's a lot about attitude and how you hold yourself. Maybe get yourself a new hair cut, less with the cutsey pinned to the side bangs, and something more spunky or more sophisticated.

As for make up - keep it simple. Clean. Natural look for day. A bit of eyeliner, but not too much. Mascara. If you have a baby face or a round one try a bit of contouring but nothing too heavy for day time.

• JCPenny and Kohls have great clothes. My advice is to go to one of those stores (or a different one.. up to you!) and devote all your time to trying stuff on--no buying! Just experiment, go out of your comfort zone, take pictures and send them to people you trust for opinions. You'll learn a lot about yourself and what looks good on you that way!

Can you post a picture of your hair/face? I give pretty good makeup advice but I don't know your skin tone or eye color.

• I know exactly how you feel! I'm 20 and people tell me I look 14 when I'm not put-together, even sometimes when I am!

As far as makeup goes, I think I look older if I wear eyeliner with my regular makeup. I don't know why, but it makes me look a lot older than if I just wear eyeshadow.

And I try to wear clothes like you were saying, lacey shirts and stuff like that. Also, sundresses are cute and don't necessarily look like they're for little girls if you get the right kind that flatters your body. And recently, I just got into wearing heels because aside from looking younger, I'm only 4'11". Even just a 1.5 inch heel can make a difference.

Even if you still feel like you look too young with hair, makeup, and clothes all done, just remember it makes a difference if people know you already or not. Several people have told me that when they first saw me they thought I looked really young, but once I started talking to them, I looked my age. I guess it has to do with maturity.

• age four years.

• Maybe get a shorter haircut, go shop at Forever 21 and buy some black dresses or pencil skirts.

• Dress more adult like. Instead of t-shirts with writing all over them, get blouses and nice pants without holes (My new obsession is blazers right now). Acting your age is very important, being immature won't help you look your age.

• I am 17 and people are surprised when I tell them my age. They always tell me they thought I was like 19-20 years old. I asked them why they thought that, apparently it is the way that I act, I supposedly act mature for my age. Maybe you just give off a young vibe.

• Dye your hairdye your hair

• Make up is your best bet..let your cosmetology friends/classmates do a make over

• hell no lol they would have me bald and a mess they don't like the fact that I don't wear makeup and dress like them besides that was 2 years ago when I graduated

• Any photos?

• Its good to look young later you'll want that