Is having a runner's build unattractive?

I absolutely love running. It’s my form of meditation. That said, I’m super thin. I have very much of a runner’s build and cannot gain weight for the life of me. My BMI hovers around 18 and I haven’t gained any weight in 3 years. I have to wonder if this build is unattractive. I’m not very bulky and am more tall and lean. I don’t have a huge appetite so even with lifting, I don’t put on much bulk.

Some people I’ve talked to said I should probably cut back on running, start eating more, and lifting more. But I really don’t want to. What do you think, is having a thin and tall build, a runner’s build unattractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• I know plenty of people who find it attractive. And if you like it, then don't stop runnin. No need to change your hobby... You could then attract someone who isn't really your type. It is not my personal preference because I love lifting and have a decent amount of muscle on me, and like for my guy to have some as well. That said, I would not ever discount a guy completely just because he had a runner's build, it just doesn't happen to be what mostly catches my eye. I bet you have REALLY nice calves, and that is very attractive. I do also appreciate the endurance and discipline that it takes to be such a dedicated runner, and that is very attractive as well!

What Girls Said 5

• I know women who find it attractive. Personally I've always been one more for the 'balanced' body type you see in swimmers & gymnasts (runners tend to be bigger on bottom than on top). It's not a dealbreaker by any means though. If I were you, I'd keep running until my heart stopped.

• believe me your body is anything but unattractive its hot in its own way. Man I'm jealous :P - I can only imagine how lean your stomach would be lol

• personally I don't like the bodys of distance runners...not enough muscle makes you appear sickly or weak. just my opinion but if its something that you love don't give it up to please other people. it gonna be an advantage to you as you age anyway. do lifting also both legs and arms. just maybe gain a little more muscle.

• Its not unattractive.

• Yeah that's attractive.

What Guys Said 5

• I've always wondered if God only intended for us to run if we were in pursuit of an animal to eat, or we'd stolen something and the store owner was chasing us, being as people who run obsessively usually look a bit emaciated. I dunno. Anyway, runners are typically slim and svelte, which I'm sure women find much more appealing than chubsters. Mix in a little bit of personality and a good work ethic, and I'm sure plenty of women would be interested.

• I think you should live the life you want to live and anyone who doesn't find you attractive you'd simply be better off without. But I also believe you could put on weight if you wanted. If you're underweight, yes running doesn't help, but eating is your problem, not running.

• I usually find female runners attractive , I don't see why girls wouldn't find you attractive if you run a lot and are in shape

• More girls like highly muscular guys then lean guys, but a significant number like lean - best -.

More girls like lean fit guys, then there are lean fit guys.

It can vary, but women who are slim themselves are more likely to find it attractive. So big loss there on the fat girls who need a jacked guy to make themselves feel delicate.

• Not if you got money