How much do abs matter on a guy?

When fooling around and a guy takes off his shirt and a girl sees abs; what does that do?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't matter much at all to me. My boyfriend doesn't have abs but I love his body. He has strong arms and a muscular back which is way more attractive to me than abs are.

• So many different answers but muscular Arms seem to be the theme here. Hahs

• Lol I'm glad:)

• Haha thenk you for commenting and actually keeping up on the comments I posted. It explains your position better.

What Girls Said 16

• Abs are a plus.

• Abs are not terribly important to me, really. I like strong arms and a nicely toned muscular back on a guy.

• The back is honestly something that I hardly ever even consider. Wow, I didn't even know.

• Yeah and also on the subconscious level, women will generally determine that he has good genes for reproduction.

• Hmmm...what about a work ethic? Can keeping your body healthy show signs of someone who is disciplined and not lazy?

• Abs aren't important to me either, but you do have to have some definition in the arms and a nice ass

• A guy doesn't have to have abs for me to be into him. But if he does that's definitely a turn on.

• I think its just an added bonus really.
    Abs make a woman wet like crazy but its not a requirement.

• I'm not much of an ab girl. I love a guy with strong, well toned arms though...and a nice ass.

• Haha What makes those better in your opinion?

• Well we met in September, but haven't started to actually talk until November.

• So you have a few months under your belt. Make your move girl! Haha

• "What? Did u photoshop it?" Haha i know flat abs are hot but i dont care that much as long as you look down and if u can see your toes ;)

• I don't care if a guy has abs or not as long as he has a nice overall chest.

• If he has a six pack I wouldn't complain, but I am much more into his face and thighs. :)

• Thighs huh? Why the thighs?

• If you ask me a have slightly fuller thighs so I prefer guys with fuller thighs too. Then I won't be thinking too much about what he thinks a about my thighs. Also big thighs on guys is soooo sexy.

• I think the 'thigh gap' thing is too underrated. Trust me, as long as you have a nice butt most guys and that's 99% will not be focusing on your thighs. XD

• It can be a turn on but...I'm more fan of a guy with broad shoulder and strong arms than a abs fan

• I don't know, they're attractive. Not as necessity. As long as you have a flat stomach and some toning there you're okay. I find stomach fat to be s huge turn off.

• That's what I was getting at. I mean, everyone has to have a little fat on them but not out of control. That's a lack of discipline to me. You know?

• I'd try it!

• You gotta lemme know how it goes. Haha I think you'll really enjoy it.

• Abs are everything. Jk but when my SO cuts for summer I love them<3

• Haha! The cuts? Like the v-shape?

• I stay lean all year. I have no need to bulk or increase size.:) I do kill it during the winter to look best during the summer tho.

• That's how it's 'posed to be. You keep your summer body all year round and you're good to go.

• you trying to hard to be Sexy!! not everything

• I'm just being me my dear. (:

• Yea hopeful keep pray adout it can you go on my page and answer my question it called was I a bit*h or what?

• Haha I shall

• Doesn't matter to me cause I love my BF...he has a belly on him...I actually have stomach muscles and a bit of a six pack developing...

• I guess that would be the opposites attracting. That just means that you see more in him than the physical attributes which is awesome!

• They look hot, but they aren't necessary for me. I mostly just prefer that a guy is in average shape - not too overweight. If I'm not in super good shape, I'd probably avoid flirting or fooling around with a guy with abs, because he'd be too good for me.

• Too good for you? You really think that if you all got around to fooling around and he had abs and you didn't that he considers himself too good for you? Nah. He already has a heavy attraction to you; you know?

• I think a lot of females try to avoid getting interested in someone whose looks may be too good. Probably guys do too?

• Guys do...yes BUT it's because we figure that a girl who can never take off her make up and always has to look 'perfect' is high maintenance. There is a difference between lookin presentable and the allure of perfection. I like to look presentable too, that can be attained through wearing sweats and such occasionally. You know? High maintenance girls are a HUGE turn off.

• I don't know... It's nice I guess, but I don't care.
    For me it's mostly upper torso and arms that I notice.

• Upper torso...like chest?

• I don't know about individuality. I sometimes wonder if I am just as influenced by the world as everyone in some other way, only I can't see it, so I can never know.

• I like your way of thinking. I really do. You're very objective.

What Guys Said 8

• Abs are more important to younger women, as they get older they tend to realise how trivial they are and how easy it is to get a 6 pack when thin.I kid you not when 16 I had a 6 pack from masturbating so much and not eating much and only a little exercise.

Older women tend to prefer an overall fitness with upper body strength being a bigger focus than abs. My partner loves men with power behind them, she doesn't care for pure aesthetics so she likes my arms chest back and thighs being muscled yet likes my slight stomach as it makes me cuddly too. Half the girls I've been with at least were after losing the 6 pack and I get checked out a lot more now I'm of a stocky build as it shows without having to strip.

• That's actually interesting. I just have to have a strong core but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that there has to be a six pack involved. Very interesting observation you have there actually. Pretty profound.

• A strong core is definitely good but it should be part of a package not the main show. A good body doesn't need to be naked to entice a woman, if you need your top off to excite her you're at a disadvantage.

You don't need to be big to be strong but there are certain muscles that when worked will re shape your body and make clothes sit better and when they come off give something far more exciting that just abs. As long as you work on flexibility and cardio getting a little extra muscle doesn't interfere with mobility either.

• So is that what you recommend? The cardio and flexibility work to get those peak muscles working? Or attributed.

• Abs at +2 Sexy Score.

• Those are bones, Not abs bruh. No offense

• yeah girls like sixpack abs on guys haha

• Haha Well I can see you certainly think so. At the very least, you're keeping yourself fit and that's awesome!

• They matter most. I want to get more in shape and work out more and soon have more build abs.

• 0|1
  • If we don't have abs, we wouldn't do smexy stuff like whipping off our shirts on the beach, basking in the lens flare effects, and strutting into the ocean like Old Spice man.

So no abs = no sexy = no confidence.

It's really not for the girls' sake. It's for our own sake.

• Opposites attract