Why would a guy propose with a fake ring?

My boyfriend proposed, he told me the ring was 1.5 carat diamond and he wouldn't say how much it was. I found out its fake gold, fake diamond and 25 dollars off ebay. What the f***? Why would he propose with a fake ring

Most Helpful Girl

• He very well might have been embarrassed and be hoping to swap the ring out for a real ring later. My wedding ring was maybe a $100 my husband I were 19 and poor when we looked for it together, I wouldn't have cared if it was a bubble gum machine ring, in fact I love those things and would've thought it cute. Oh yes and I would have worn that sucker too and shown it off.

What Guys Said 4

• hes either a cheap ass or he's broke. if he's broke then cut him some slack. if he's cheap...idk what to say lol.

• He's a cheap ass! That's terrible it's the first lie. I payed 4,200$ on my wifes ring. Now it don't have to be that much, but he should told the truth. My wifes first ring was 600$ and five years latter I go the big one.

• yeah that guy must be cheap. I mean my fiance didn't just pull 1000 out the ass for both my engagement and wedding band (dont think its even that much but morenot sure exactly) but he made payments that's best route to go. then yes get the more expensive ones later once we have beeter jobs and so on

• I don't know but if I ever propose I'm doing it with a ring pop

• because he's a broke ass niga.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't really think it's a huge issue that he proposed with a cheap or "fake" ring. However, he shouldn't have lied about the ring being real. He was probably embarrassed about his financial situation and wanted you to be happy with the ring. You two should come to a reasonable compromise that won't be too hard on him financially and something that you like.

• thats messed up! the odds that he will by you another after marrige is slim so you need to get that ring you want now! I would be upset if a guy got me a $20 ring.

• Maybe he was embarrassed to tell you the price because he has no money, or maybe he wanted to marry you so bad that he jumped at the opportunity to get he first ring he stumbled upon. So would you rather have no ring at all or just a simple ring?

• because he probably has no money and he felt like if he told you the truth youd of made a big deal out of it.

• Hahahahaha I'm sorry but that really made me laugh. That is terrible, tell him you found out it was a fake and ask him why he bought a fake ring.