Why is the average European city more beautiful than the average American city?

European city

American city

• I prefer European cities
  • I prefer American cities

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm American and I prefer European cities. I'm so used to the modern look, I'd love to see the beautiful architecture there.

Most Helpful Guy

• LOL Europe cities owns American cities.. you get me fam?

What Girls Said 6

• From My own point of view, More class and culture over in Europe, along with a lot of Heavenly History. You feel as though you are in another Galaxy.
    Beautiful pix here, dear. I have Yet to see Anything quite like this in America. xx

• Maybe old east coast towns got some resemblance to some European towns like those in England

• Yes, I agree, very nice but being in the USA, perhaps if a Tourist from Out of town would see them, they may see 'Different' than me. lol:)) xx

• Because we aren't old and Europeans have castles and older buildings. :( Though the downside for that is they have extremely small roads.

• Small city cars solves that problem

• Though parking is probably a nightmare since there isn't many places you can put parked cars.

• I like European cities

• what? not true at all, American cities are a million times better o_o

• In what ways I meant from an architect point of view

• I know what you meant
      Maybe I feel that way cause I'm used to this European architecture

• Because America is newer and more densely populated
    (I do prefer small American towns though, like ithaca! Love that place)

• i think when its because they have more culture. i would love to go to Europe i am a history nerd and the architecture is beautiful

What Guys Said 6

• Simple question.. Simple answer: Renaissance.
    European cities are older than American cities.. They have been through dark and medieval ages, esp. Renaissance which saw wonderful architecture while the American cities sprang up in the modern era leading to nothing but skyscrapers and apartment buildings (especially on the west coast). That's why Italy has the most beautiful cities - Florence, Venice, Milan, Rome, Verona, etc.

• Because European cities are older and have more culture.

• What kinda question is this? Simply because Americans are not carriers of civilisation.

• I prefer European cities

• European cities look old and dated. I prefer modern cities like shinjuku japan.

• Bullshit. European cities are crap and depressing.. Come here to actually see, It's only beautiful in summer.

• depends on which city you mean like an eastern european block city would be a dump but the same can't be said for say oslo

• I meant soviet architecture not not European baroque jezzz

• lol well anyway, don't always look at the pretty pictures online. Come here and look, it's always grey sky and pretty freakin depressing. At least in Western Europe to Eastern.. Southern Europe is a blast, like Barcelona.