Can tall girls even be petite?

I was told I was "petite" by this boutique stuff but I'm kinda sceptic as I'm about 5'10" and I somehow always associated being "petite" with being really short? I mean yeah I'm skinny but "petite"? 😅

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, people can use it that way if they want. Petite usually just means small or dainty, which is totally possible for tall women. It's definitely a compliment, they must think you have a very nice build. :) The only time it wouldn't make sense is if the boutique people were telling you to shop in the petite section of a clothing store, since that usually refers to height.

What Guys Said 4

• Is 5'10 short for a girl?😂

• petite can be frame size to

• To me petite means small-framed and skinny, I don't see it as a height thing. I much prefer tall girls anyway.

• No. To be petite you have to be short. You're probably just slim.

• That's what I thought too

What Girls Said 5

• No in the uk petite is under 5"3. I don't know about the US though.

• Wow so there's actually a certain height for this?
      I always just thought it meant short and skinny lol

• Oh yeah I guess then they just mean it as small, like the french word. It's probably just a pretentious sales way of saying you're slim :)

• Lol yeah I think so

• Petite also means you're slim, doesn't only have to refer to height.

• I'm almost 6' tall and my boyfriend keeps telling me I'm this tiny little person, even though I'm taller than he is. I think petite is more of a personality thing... like how a great dane thinks its a chihuahua...

• you can still be petite in stature

• A petite person is someone who is small in height and frame.
    So no a tall skinny person is not petite. Whoever set up the sizes used the wrong word.
    Women 5'10 shouldn't be able to fit petite sizes. What do actual petite women wear from that boutique then?