Is it illegal for a teacher to hug a student?

I saw this on a video. Is it true? If it's true, damn, I wonder why Americans think everything as sexual.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not illegal but it's also not a good idea.

• I just can't understand that, it's so weird to me that people tend to avoid each other like the plague becuase of personal space. I mean it's good they tell their kids it's their choice to kiss relatives or don't on holidays because they have autonomy but I feel like I would be very awkward in that society.

• I'm not angry. It's just that you irritate me because you don't understand what I'm saying.

• Okay well maybe you should try "speaking" in a different way to see if people understand you better.

What Guys Said 6

• To protect teachers from crazy ass accusations of child molestation. We are so damn lawsuit happy here that we have a bunch of dumb laws to try and prevent stuff that should never happen in the first place.

• Physical interactions between students and teachers is just never a good idea. People misinterpret things too easily. You might be fine. He might be fine. But someone could see something and think something totally different. Keep distance between you.

• It's just sick. Some people just get along well with a teacher/student. Not everything has to be about romance. I wouldn't care what other people think.

• No, but they care. And so does the school.

• ''You're fired because you hugged a student'' Seriously? Hugging, guys! Hug! A hug! What if the student had issues and was depressed and they just gave them a supportive hug? I'll never understand how that country works.

Okay, what about elemntary schools? Kids hug people, right?

• A lot of teachers in America are now afraid of any kind of touching. I know of a high school teacher who was fired for one brief touch of the bare thigh of a male student who was wearing shorts.

• You guys are batshit insane. No offense. Any idea if it's the same in Canada?

• No offense taken. I think it's crazy, too.

• It's not illegal. Depending on the circumstance, it may not be wise.

• Actually Europeans are more sexual than Americans. Most American sex is not showable on t. v.

• Its legal lol teacher can fuck too.

What Girls Said 5

• Ehh, even in the UK, our teachers generally don't have physical contact with students.

• I'm not sure? I highly doubt it since we do it all the time here

• Today yes. Something about students going home and telling their parents the wrong thing. So the school board tells teachers to just avoid touching students all together.

• Well is not legal for a teacher to have physical contact with their students. If they do, it's got to be in the presence of another adult or parents.

• and not in presence of other students?

• Hahahahaha you are taking my words as if it's me the one that made the laws. I'm explaining to you what the laws are, that don't mean I agree or disagree with those laws.

• Ha ha ha ha ha. By ''you'', I mean all of you, not just you.

• I don't know if it's illegal in America, but if it is we all know why: Americans...