Who would win in a fight? Shark or bear?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know but Animal Planet proved that a hippo would beat a shark in a fight lol

What Guys Said 24

• It entirely depends upon which type of shark, and which type of bear and where the fight will take place.

Someone asked about that here too:

www.quora.com/Who-would-win-in-a-fight-a-Shark-or-a-Grizzly-Bear

And I agree on many things they had brought up. If it's a great white shark vs a grizzly bear at deep water, then the Great White Shark is more than likely going to be coming out of the fight and still be alive.

• Polar Bears can kill Beluga Whales (weigh 3,500 lbs / 1600 kg or even heavier)... note that Alaskan Kodiak Bear (relative of Grizzly) and Kamchatka Brown Bear (from Russia) are even larger than the Polar Bear... so I'm sure they would win a fight even against the Great White Shark. Why? Because - even some humans managed to fight off a shark attack... it shouldn't be a problem for such a powerful beast like the Bear ;)

• If the fight took place in the ocean, the shark might win. If the fight was on land I'd bet on the bear. But that's just it: These two animals live in very different homes, unless you're talking about a polar bear that regularly swims in the ocean. Which makes me wonder if there have ever been any shark - polar bear interactions observed by scientists. Fascinating question.

• the bear, as long as it had a snorkel and a wetsuit...

• The shark would rip the bear in shreds. Bears dont hunt for the taste of blood like sharks do

2.bp.blogspot.com/.../Megalodon+Shark2.jpg
    images5.fanpop.com/.../...s-31446772-1600-1200.jpg

Sharks can weight up too 5000 pounds, a black bear maybe 500 pounds

• What kind of shark? what kind of bear? is it in shallow water or deep water? fresh or salt, is the bear in the water or on the shore and is the shark beached or is it swimming, specifics, specifics. Some species of bear like the polar bear are really good swimmers and often hunt big prey in the water and some species of shark aren't that ferocious a few don't even hunt big prey.

These are the types of things you need to let us know about.

• I assume that the bear and shark are in the sea, the shark would kill it because the bear could not fight and swim at the same time.

• I'm not sure how a fight like that would go down but take a great white which is the probably the strongest shark and a polar bear which is the most powerful bear I'd say the great white is stronger.

At least I think I'm not a huge zoologist

• Well which kind of shark, and which kind of bear, also where is the fight, water or land? I'll put my money on most sharks in the water, and bear on land.

• Space, man bear pig, sharktopuss

• I have no idea... in space I will pit the money on, the bear as it can hold it's breath longer (sharks need to keep moving in water to breath)

• first the odds of them ever fighting is slim to none, if the bear gets caught in open water where most sharks like the shark wins. if it happens to be a bullshark who swam up river and found a bear waist deep in water i would give it to the bear

• Depend on size setting in there in water or dry land in the water if you had a great white shark and if it was dry land the bear either way one of them wouldn't be able to fight back

• if it's on land, a shark. if in the sea, definitely the bear.

• shark in the water, bear on land xD pretty obvious.

• The shark in the water, he's in his element.

• The shark would win in the sea, bear on land

• I fuckign love this stuff :D Ok, first of all... are they fighting on land or in water?

• the shark would murder the bear

• The sea bear would win.

• Let's assume that they are in a position where they both are able to fight, like shallow waters.

And let's assume that we are talking about the strongest species of bear and shark.
    I think the shark would win.

• Why are we even asking this?

• It depends on the arena...

• Us as the spectators to such a battle

• Send in a polar bear and the Shark loses regardless.

• Cher, she's a combination of both a shark + bear = cher.
    Or a bark. Bear + shark = bark.

What Girls Said 6

• If it's a Greenland shark vs. a polar bear. My guess is the Greenland shark especially if the polar bear managed to bite the shark the bear would die since the Greenland shark's flesh is poisoness.

• A polar bear might be able to fight off a shark - but otherwise I doubt it.

• Where is the fight?

• Would heavily depend if the fight was on land or water… surely.

• If it's in the water then the shark, if it's on land then the bear. Obviously.

• the shark because all the shark has to do is leap out of the water and crush the bear on land or drag the bear in its jaws underwater for a long time.