GUYS: do you delete your ex's from social media?

after my breakup, my ex and i still had each other on snap chat... and when i send snap chat i send it to everyone kinda thing, and he'd open it etc etc. then 2 days ago, he deleted me off snap chat when i haven't snap chatted him in like 3 months. (we broke up 3 months ago).

wouldn't he delete me before when i snap chatted him, not when i dont snap chat him?

68

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at first. I like to see how they're doing, make sure they're moving forward and not self-destructing. I want to see them happy, but I'm not going to step back into their lives. I might ask a mutual friend to look into things, but at that point I'm cutting off all communication so that I don't obtain a personal stake in her well-being.

Once I know she's okay, I'll delete her. Or if we remain friends, there's no reason to delete her. She was a friend before, she can still be a friend after. And if a future significant other has a problem with my being friends with an ex, my ex isn't the problem. She is. If you trust a person, you trust a person. End of discussion. Jealousy and suspicion will only lead to self-created trouble that you can't eliminate from your mind.

----

In your situation, it sounds like he just didn't bother to delete you. Maybe it's just a social media habit, where we are quick to add friends but uncaring when it comes to deleting people unless we're out to get each other.

• mhmm yea just odd cause he deleted me when istopped talking to him?

• I agree with this users opinion.

• mhmm good point

Most Helpful Girl

• When my ex and I broke up he deleted me from Facebook. For him I think it was just easier dealing with the breakup without seeing his ex on his News Feed. For me, I found the idea of deleting him too painful because it was another confirmation that things had ended (21st century problems, wow). Having to see your ex on any sort of social media is difficult because it just brings up past memories and whatever feelings are left. Keeping them on a friend/contact list just really serves no purpose.

• i guesss... although wouldn't my ex delete me when i spoke to him, not when i stopped speaking to him?

• Maybe he was still hanging onto you a bit and liked the contact. Once you stopped speaking to him, nothing was left between you two, and he may have decided to cut the final tie. It's tough to say, social networking definitely adds complexity to dating and breakups because there aren't really defined norms.

• yeah true.. the only reason why i stopped talking is because he broke up with me, so obvisouly i'd want to make the break up easier for myself to stop talking which is logical right?

i guess he did hang on a bit cause he did start crying so yeah mmhm thats true, social media is complex