Is it normal to completely delete your ex from social media?

My ex fiance and I dated for 4 years. I proposed back in March at Disneyland where she said yes. Spent almost $15,000 on her helping pay bills, maintain her car, flowers every month or something equivalent and etc. while we were together. I always said I love you/complimented her. Although I will admit I may have fallen short in certain moments, but would try to make up for it. Her stance on breaking up was my attitude, not giving up enough/doing more to help and not considering her. My stance was that I wasn't enough and wanted counseling (normal for newly weds to be) where as she refused. Fate behold we broke up on the exact day of our 4 year anniversary. I don't know why I wasn't enough, but that's another topic. To my surprise I noticed she deleted me from all of her social media less than a month after breaking up. Is it normal to do that? I haven't deleted her because I look back on the 4 years with fond memories and don't like to erase people... sorry for the rambling post. She was my only relationship so just in a state of unknowing.

1612

What Girls Said 16

• yes ✔️ it's normal if you have no feelings toward him/her (or when it's anger)
    sry to say but she liked the attention and everything you gave her, not sounds like she was in love with you. when you were in a situation that you couldn't provide the things she got used to - she dropped you.
    it sounds like that you gave a lot and got nothing back on the same lvl of effort.

• Its normal. She probably did it because seeing it reminds her of the good times she doesn't have anymore and it hurts.

• It is normal, I deleted my ex off all social media and I think he blocked me. It just helped me to forget him and basically get over him, it wouldn't have helped seeing him posting things constantly. It's also normal not too, some people aren't phased at all about keeping exs on social media

• I blocked him from everything but kept pictures since I dont delete history.

• Yes it's normal. It way to get over an ex so the both of you can move on a lot more easily. Keeping an ex around only means there's still some feelings there or makes it easier for feelings to come back.

• It is normal - it helps with the healing. She deleted everything cause she doesn't want to deal with the memories they hold - good or bad.

• I want a Disneyland proposal!! How'd you do it? I don't have a boyfriend but I still want one.

• Probably cause she doesn’t want to see your face. It could hurt.
    Me I did it to my ex, cause I was afraid to see his face or see what he was doing.

• Normal

• I don't know for some they just drop everything off and start fresh. Some others keep contact info. I guess its like how the break up occurred and if was good or bad.

• We ended on mutual terms and with a hug. Even had discussed keeping the door open for the future. But I understand your viewpoint.

• I think its pretty normal thing to do. Maybe she doesn't want you in her life anymore. Sorry for that. In some way it might be also easy for you and her as well to move on and to find happiness with someone else and do not look back. As for me I also cannot stay friends with my ex..

• I did delete all my ex boyfriend from my FB account. It t normal to do use

• Yes it’s normal. I find it weird when someone has their ex on social media

• It's normal, she doesn't want to be reminded of you

• It's normal for people who don't want to reminded of their ex in order to move on. For example Facebook, if he posted something I had to see it when I login and be reminded of the break up. I didn't need that. I didn't care what he was up to after we broke up. The statuses about going to party and the new girl friends he adds.
    If she deletes you, it doesn't mean that she forgot those 4 years, it just means that she doesn't care what you do now.

• Yes, that's normal. It's also normal not to.

Probably best you don't marry the first person you ever date, honestly. Dating a few people helps you get a handle on how to act. I'm sorry for the heartbreak you're feeling now though. I am sure you're going to feel pretty rough about it for maybe even a long time. Focus on becoming the person you want to be, the boyfriend you want to be to the next special person. Use what you're feeling now to teach you and make you stronger. It will not hurt like this forever.

• That's what my brother always told me, but we clicked on all levels. I used to be 250 pounds and always dealt with self esteem issues. We lifted each other up. It wasn't till after I proposed where her attitude started to change towards wanting to move down to me amongst other things. I completely understand the point of getting to know different folks. After years of being friend zoned it was just nice to finally have someone.

• Yeah. I get that. I found myself suddenly kicked out of my own life really after ten years with first husband, high school sweetheart, turned out to be very mentally disturbed. Really screwed me over in so many ways, and nearly ran off with all our money. (It's a total Jerry Springer story.)

I was knocked down, but I came up swinging.

Fight for yourself. Fight for your happiness. This will get better.

What Guys Said 12

• That girl seem like a gold digger and very selfish. You did a lot for her and she still wasn't grateful. I predict she will crawl back to you one day when she has a hard time finding a cool guy like you. She must think that dating is real easy. It is not. She will learn the hard way.

• Most people do that. Many think that it's easier that way. I haven't done it to my ex, although I think she came close to doing it to me.

• A lot of people do it after they've had a bad breakup, but I think it's stupid. It's stupid how people care so much about someone and then are happy to completely erase them from their life. It makes me question whether it was ever genuine love.

• My ex wife of five years deleted me and i deleted her. We disnt block each other. Its normal. wouldn't add her back. I dont hold anything against her even though she cheated. Just better bot to dwell on it and move on. Its a way of healing to delete that person

• My heart, it hurts, I am sorry fam, that sounds rough

• It's pretty normal to completely cut ties with an ex. It's going to take some time (probably a couple years) for you to get through this, but it really is better for you to not try to remain friends. Checking up on an ex will just open up the wound again and make it take longer to heal.

• It's normal to do that but if you wanna keep them for your memory, it's your choice unless she asks you to delete.

• Yep it's normal, I also delete all pics and videos off my phone

• Normal

• Yeah, that's normal. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but sorry.

• i think u r angry just bcoz of ur bills but u r doing right

• What? No, I was happy to help pay for the phone bill and wherever needed. Would do it again just so I know she's taken care of.

• Dude it will better to just block her from all the social media aaps

• She sounds like a parrasitic cunt