Why did my ex wave?

I have been in my car twice now and passed my ex on the road. The first time I didn't even notice him until he honked and waved but I couldn't look at him an I just looked forward and did nothing. Saw him again today when I was driving and he waved and I once again didn't wave and looked forward. He broke up with me after living together and being together for almost 2 years. I was heartbroken and he said we couldn't be friends and he even took his roof racks off his car so I wouldn't recognize it he said... So why is he waving at me?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in his own softie spot here, dear, there is usually motive in mind when it comes the time he could Just... Honk and wave.
    Being you both do share some history 'For almost 2 years,' and have even Shared a roof together, he could very well be Missing the Kissing and everything else that goes with it.
    If you are this curious George, contact him and say "Hi," and just be friendly. However, if you 'Didn't wave and looked forward,' and feel it is still best to keep your eyes straight ahead with him, then fine... Keep going and don't look back.
    He could just want a Friendly Friends with benefits deal, maybe not to go back just yet, maybe never, as two birds of a feather.
    However, you will never know unless you make your own effort, for as you see he did make one by taking his 'Roof racks off his car.'
    And in case Curiosity gets the best of you, letting the cat out of the bag, could kill the cat too but then again... it could end up to be a soft touch that may pan out.
    Good luck. xx

• he's not a friends with benefits type of guy. He would never sleep with someone he isn't dating, so I know it's not that. I just miss him like crazy and love him still and wonder if maybe he misses me too. But he doesn't text or contact me so he likely doesn't. Am I ruining my chances with him by not waving?

• Should I text again or leave it?

• Okay... just for laughs and giggles, with his no reply, just send him One more and ask if he got your Last text? Sometimes things sent don't always get through so let's see with this if... This got through or not. xx

What Guys Said 3

• He is just being mature as he passes you in a car.
    Impossible to have a conversation, so he is being polite

• We were passing and I don't think it's immature to not honk and draw attention to your ex. He made it very clear he didn't want friendship, so to me it's not mature but rather a mind fuck

• I think it would be more immature not to acknowledge each other's existence... you don't have to be friends, but still you were a part of each other's life, ignoring each other only serves to hurt the other person

• I don't know but myabe he thought it's the right thing to do at this situation or maybe it was hard on him to see you and pretend that you are a person he doesn't know

• I wasn't looking at him either times. I had sunglasses on and didn't turn to look at him so he would have never known I saw him or not. Why not just do what I did and pretend not to see me? Why honk? And wave again when I didn't the first time

• it's tough I know but I think you need to move on.. just live your life and days only can tell you if you can be with him again or not and it will be just bad if you stopped your life waiting

• I know.. I'm trying really hard to move in. Getting for, seeing a counsellor and working on myself, but I can't help but hope we will be together again :( I don't want anyone else. I should have waved back..

• It happens

,,,,

What Girls Said 2

• I think he was just being polite to be honest. If he's made no other effort to see or talk to you I wouldn't second guess his actions.

• Guess so but I wasn't even looking at him
      And wouldn't have known except that my friend looked over and saw him. This has happened twice

• because he is an idiot... ignore him..