My boyfriend doesn't want me anymore because I take medicine?

my boyfriend doesn't want me anymore because I take medicine?

Yes he's super religious and he's a health nut. We broke up day before yesterday. He left me for this chick...

Smh

128

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a step daughter who had serious mental health issues. She's dead now due to her addiction to drugs - the illegal kind. She was your age. Dealing with her mental illness problems opened my eyes to the difficulty people in your situation have. The biggest problem is that taking the meds you're on allows you to "feel" good so you think you no longer need them. Many people quit taking them at that point and they revert to the very problems the meds helped them for! I don't know you, but I'm very proud you're doing everything in your power to be as healthy as possible. That guy's loss was not taking the time to fully understand the importance of the meds you take and how incredibly helpful they are for you. Be strong and keep looking for an understanding guy who will see you for the beautiful young lady you are.

• Aww thank you so much. I'm so sorry for your loss my brother is the same way. He self medicates. And he's got many problems now. :(

• Mental illness is difficult to understand but it's extremely real. When someone is physically hurt, you can see they have a broken arm, a missing limb, difficulty walking. But mental illness isn't so easy to see or treat. I wish you so much happiness in your future. Please continue to take care of yourself no matter how hard it is.

What Guys Said 7

• He is a brainwashed nutjob!! Seriously I tell you these religious people are the most weirdest people in the world... and I fucking hate their mentality.

The new chick is before average looking like a 3... and he is fine for good!! you don't need a guy like that...

• Nah, he left you for that chick because he wanted to bang that chick, and he just put the blame on the meds.

• Your now ex-boyfriend needs an exorcism. Tell him that.

• He's too uptight with the religious references. An exorcism will cast out the evil demons inhabiting his body. It's your way of telling him, in his type of words, that he's fucked in head.

Believe me, you are better off and should breathe a sigh of relief that you discovered this now instead of later.

• Drugs are of the devil? I never knew that!

He's out of his mind. Leave him be.

• just leave him, you don't want to be with someone like that

• yeah that sucks. why would you want to be with someone with that mindset though? his loss.

• What a dumb ass. I have been taking anti depressants for about 4 years and when I tell my partners they never say anything... they are glad I am treating the problem. Sounds like a class A douche bag and you are better off without him.

What Girls Said 12

• Lmao I hope he breaks his leg or arm one day. Maybe he won't think that drugs are the devil after that.

Lesson learned: don't date nuts of any kind.

• Your health is way more important.

• Your health is far more important than any guy!

• He could be using the meds as an out. Some people are afraid of mental illnesses & some people don't even believe in them. My mom used to not believe it until my brother had his first schizophrenic episode. But anyways, maybe try explaining the mental illness? He's still a douche either way though/

• Sounds like he did you a favor.

• He did you a favour. You are better off without that wack job.

Talk about down grade.

• Wow, I'm a health nut and religious too and don't like taking medicine but I'm not crazy like that. I don't think he shove his views down your throat though I mean I don't even do that.

• Your better off without him.

• That is totally ridiculous and really close minded of him. Nothing is wrong with you at all, and don't let him make you think that. He is just too imature and won't try to put himself in your shoes or try to at least be supportive.
    If he would have stayed with you with this same attitude he would have only made your situation worse because it is just awful when someone close to you does not believe you suffer.
    Good luck

• well tbh this chick looks like a drug addict who has a shit load of pot hidden in her basement..

• Was there a question in there?

• General venting and seeking our opinion/justification I think.

• Thats what i thought...

• he's not worth it then.