Does ignoring a guy drive him crazy?

Long story short I found out my boyfriend cheated on me and I broke up with him. He keeps texting me and all his messages are basically him trying to twist the situation so that it seems like he did nothing wrong and it makes me so angry that I can't even reply right away, and one of my friends suggested that I never respond in general because ignoring him would 'drive him crazy'. I'd be lying if I said I don't want him to suffer so does this actually work?

97

Most Helpful Guy

• About the worst thing you co to a guy is to just move on like it never happened and he doesn't exist. ignoring him is one facet of that, the other facet is to just move on with your life and don't sweat the small stuff like whether you are hurting his feelings. And ironically, this is the best thing for you.

What Guys Said 6

• If he cheated on you then I'm sure you're shenanigans don't drive him crazy; he can apparently get his needs met elsewhere. He may still like you but I'd doubt you're really getting under his skin.

If you've got you're heart set on flustering him I'd suggest taking to social media and posting yourself hanging out with a LOT of male friends often. Just casual arm around the waist or more if you're into that. Make the appearance that you're having the time of your life and are better off without him.

• in your situation, ignoring him will tell him you don't want anything to do with him.

• Yes ignore him. Guys hate being ignored more than they hate insults.

• He's an ex, you shouldn't be talking to him anyway. Doubly so after cheating.

Cut him off.

• I completely agree and feel that only insecure people hang on to ex's as a "plan b" which is truly fucking sad.
      UPS :)

• It depends on the guy, to be honest. A more mature guy won't even notice if you're ignoring him. There are more immature guys, who even after you break up they want to know that you're thinking of him and they still mean something to you.

If he's constantly pestering you to insist he did nothing wrong, then it could be that he just wants you to admit he did nothing wrong - his self image might be *that* important to him. So yeah, he could be just the sort of fragile ego that would not deal with ignoring him.

• Ex's can't be "just friends". It makes him think he can get away with it, no punishment

What Girls Said 9

• Putting him on your pay no mind list will Definitely Not only 'Drive him crazy' here, dear. It will Put You way up high in that apple tree, where you will Now... Be his juiciest apple hardest to grab and to Eat Again in this lifetime.
    You have found out he is a cheat sheet and history may repeat itself. If you take him back, everything may be sweet tarts for awhile but after he has had his taste of you once more, he may try to pull the same stinking stunt again and put another sour ball in your mouth.
    If you do want to give him another chance at Romance, however, make him Earn it, Not Expect it and play dirty for awhile so he can see the ways of His... Definite wrong.
    Good luck. xx

• Boys are completely different to girls...
    When a guy ignores a girl it drives her crazy but unless your guy truly, truly loves you, he will think fuck it and move on to another girl.

I have learnt the hard way - if you want to be with him you must talk to him because if you're ignoring him, you're basically giving him the chance to go out and enjoy himself and even possibly meet another girl.

You might think in your head that you're in control by ignoring him, but follow your heart. If you want to talk to him then do so - you'd hate to lose your chance.

• Yes ignoring drives them nuts. My ex of almost 4 years left me twice for 2 other girls. Well after the 2nd time he left I cut off all contact, deleted and blocked on fb, wouldn't reply to texts etc. He was so desperate he even wrote me a card in the mail. He continued to message me after a year and ahalf. And if he couldnt get ahold of me he would contact mutual friends. It works.

• Yeah it will drive him crazy because nobody likes to be ignored and good because he cheated on you he deserves it!

• Move forward and don't look back EVA!!!

• For a while, until he just accepts the situation and moves on

• Sounds like ignoring him will only make it worse.

• Yes, it will absolutely work. *wink*

• of course it does.