Girlfriend looking at her ex on Facebook?

I might just be jealous or paranoid, but I left for work one day and came back and checked my laptop. The battery was almost dead, but before I left it was fully charged, so I checked my history to see what was up and it seems that while I was out, my girlfriend was looking at her ex on Facebook and going through all of his photos. Like I said, I may just be paranoid, but is it possible that she may be still hiding some feelings for him?

56

Most Helpful Girl

• You re just jealous, she must have looked up other people's photos as well, I like to look at pictures of my ex boyfriend just to know how he looks like now if I haven't seen him in a long time.. but if things ended badly I will most probably don't look at all. Once I delete the pictures of him alone on my pc it means am totally over him, so to me if I have a picture of an old crush or old boyfriend still on my pc, that's when my boyfriend should be concerned!

But why are you checking what she does on the net anyway? is there something that is concerning you other than that?

i suggest not worrying about this too much because we re girls, we have emotions for exs till the day we die, its a thing! we don't get over things easily as men do... plus we re curious and like to know about everything so maybe she is just checking if he has a boyfriend now adays, not because she isn't over him.. its because we just like to KNOW!

you should just ask her how she feels about him now, you can tell by the tone of her voice or the impression of her face.. so you could just ask and see how it goes!

• I agree with this. Does she still have feelings for him? Probably! How strong are they? Would she act on them? Does she want to be with him? Or is she like most other females and nosey and curious?! I think that's all it is.

Since you are not above snooping on your girl, =D maybe check if it happens a few more times before asking her about it. Be understanding and acknowledge that she may still feel something or be wondering what's going on with him, but find out if it's beyond just curiosity.

• Your full of crap. If a guy was looking at pictures of his ex and you found out you would be uncomfortable too.

• Here we go again... I'm so in love and so is he, and is it normal for him to look at other girls including his ex? You know the answer, you're not na├»ve, and it is normal for guys who are potentially willing to stray to look at other women. It's not boredom, he knows the answer but obviously won't admit it to you, and you're already worried (which is why you're posing the question to us) because you know the truth.

AND just look at the hypocrisy when the situation is reversed. Stop being a bitch about it.

What Girls Said 4

• Shes likely holding some amount of something or she wouldn't even be curious, but that's all it is, I would bet. I agree with the others that said you are being jealous and paranoid. Its just FACEBOOK. She is likely just curious, it means she's human.

And please and I stress PLEASE don't confront her about doing it because she will drop you faster than you can say that other guys name.

Its never ever ever ever good to look jealous over something so petty. Girls don't like that. Trust me...im a girl I should know. lol

Girls like guys that are confident and that don't dig and hover and get paranoid about cyberspace things. Just calm down. You've got her - but also like the others said - make sure it doesn't go any further than her just being curious. If she starts emailing him and getting phone calls at all hours and going out at night and ignoring you - then you can worry.

• no.she could just be curious about him or something. as long as your hotter than him you have nothing to fear but that is weird of her to do something like that.

if I find out my boyfriend was looking at his ex gf's pictures, I'd tell him to stop it.

• Dont worry, if she's meeting him and talking about him or with him on the phone alot... then you can get really worried... Its not so bad now, because like one answerer said, fb is for looking at photos, otherwise what's the use people upload... and besides she might just be looking at what's new with him... I usually do that alot, with my old crushes, old friends, people I haven't heard off in a long time...

But I also think its ok to get "jealous or paranoid" about it, it means you love her, so you are just having a normal reaction to what your girlfriend did... its completely ok and very romantic...

• i don't think ur being jealous or paranoid. ur just being concerned. when you love someone you obviously are going to worry about them leaving u, and if its somenone thy already had feelings for then ur gonna worry.

i think its starnge that's she's looking up her ex while ur gone with out you ever knowing, as if she hiding it from u. she has nothing to hide if she's done nothing SHE THINKS is wrong. so just ask her first. then ask that she stops becasue it makes you uncomfortable.

What Guys Said 6

• Would you look at an ex's FB page? I didn't look at an ex's FB page while we we going out. I looked their FB pages before, but never when or after. That's just me.

I wouldn't confront her this time, but I'd monitor the situation.

• She was probably just curious, don't worry too much. If she's meeting him in person, then you got problems.

• It's ok. That should be the least of you worries. You should be more concern about the use of your laptop and private space. So what if she is hiding feelings for him. It's not your problem and it isn't anyone else's problem.

• She's most likely worried about him... I wouldn't worry.

• Any update on this? how did you and your girlfriend go?

• dude, seriously, calm down.

you are being jealous and paranoid.

after my ex broke up with her latest boyfriend she told me she still looked through my Facebook all the time (freaky thing is last time I used her computer she had my name googled in her history...weird, I know, girl would cyberstalk me).

anyway, if she starts talking about him and hanging out with him I'd worry, but it's a Facebook.

it's to look at peoples photos.

people wouldn't say sh*t or update photos if no one looked at them.