Why do men leave their pregnant girlfriends?

Ok so me and my ex had been dating for 7 months when we broke up. I am currently 7 months pregnant and we've been broken up for a month now. He woke up one day acting completely different and distant. I asked him what was wrong but he said he was just stressed. He started going out drinking and being with his family more. I finally understood that he had probably fallen out of love with me. I don't know why but he did, maybe another girl, family issues, etc. He told me that I make him unhappy and that we were better off without each other. We were together on and off for 3 years and had planned on getting married and having a baby. He picked a ring out and starting using pills to make his sperm count higher. He said he wanted to be in our daughters life no matter what. So he wants the child but the mother. I feel like an incubator. This wasn't unplanned and he seemed so happy when I told him. Then one after we broke up, he turned around and said he doesn't think y the baby is his. I NEVER cheated so this hurt very much. We lived together but he's moving out, putting his stuff in storage, and staying with his sister... isn't that a little much? He blames me for our breakup saying I stopped loving him, I changed, I started hating him, I never listened to his problems etc. I was never told about these issues at the time and if so I'm pregnant and my mind is constantly on the baby and work. I just wanted my pregnancy to be one of the happiest times in my life and to share it with the one i started it with. Now it's full of stress and heartbreak. I just don't understand what I did so wrong to have the man i was building a future with leave me...

• Should i move on and leave him alone?
  • Should i wait and give it time and try again?
I don't understand what I did though. It's eating away at me 24/7. Was I that bad of a person top be with that he decided I want the person he wanted to be committed to like he previously told me? He's ignoring my text now , I sent him something about him moving out. I feel so broken and confused.
I decided to give up. There's no point in trying to be with someone who never loved me in the first place...

64

Most Helpful Guy

• Ass holes that can't stand responsibility I guess. Always the kids I feel sorry for though

• Yea I never would've done this if I'd known she'd be growing up in a broken home.

• Just provide everything for her and she'll be fine. You may even meet a nice guy that can replace the cock that left

Most Helpful Girl

• Men feel pushed out when a woman is pregnant sometimes, and when the baby is born too. I've even heard of men being jealous of the baby, they love it but are jealous. I've seen it on problem pages, talk shows online etc...
    And women, we do change during pregnancy too sometimes, especially our first.
    I don't ever agree with a person sitting around like a lost puppy waiting for the person who left them to come back. It's degrading usually. In this situation though, it's different. It's a stressful and emotional time for both of you and can cause different behaviour sometimes.
    Don't keep texting him. Take a step back and let him think for a few days then invite him round to talk. Find out why he is unhappy and what has changed. See if it is things that can be worked on. If it can't be worked out though, do move on. While it's nice for kids to live with both parents, doing so when it's not a good relationship or stable and stays on instead of on and off can affect a child much more. It's not nice for a kid to grow up in that environment seeing that type of relationship.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• I was the child of a similar situation. DO NOT PURSUE HIM. What I recommend you do is make it clear to the child that the father left, however do not say that he didn't want the kid. Say that the father wasn't ready for a relationship. Also, do not give details of the father unless the child asks. I recommend you find a stable job, and be sure to collect child support. What he did is not okay. It is selfish, arrogant, and rude. He will be nothing but destructive in yours and your child's life.

• It's not your fault, he's just being selfish and an immature brat.

• Bc there's no contract I guess

• True but it was a plan in the making

• Your next post must be what to do after the cunt dumped me

• Nope. I can't make someone love me

What Girls Said 5

• He's acting this way because of his own psychological issues. If he comes back, he comes back, and you can decide from there.

• I'd like to start off by saying I'm sorry for what he did to you. He sounds like an irresponsible asshole. Unfortunately, a lot of BOYS these days do as your ex did. They acts as if you are their future, then they knock you up and leave. He will most likely not be their for your daughter/son and probably won't pay child support. I don't know why guys do it, but they do and it's heartbreaking. I hope that you can provide your child with the best possible future you can. You will have to be strong for the both of you. I hope that you find the man you're meant to be with who will treat you and your child with unconditional love and respect. I wish you the best.

• Yea I know that's a possibility it just hurts like hell. Why even do this in the first place? Why get a poor innocent child involved? Smh

• it could be that he can't really afford to pay child support or even for the baby's expenses. he might have moved in with his sis to start helping to save up $. but he could resent u for having to pay child support. lots of people now can't even afford an extra $50 a month.

• if he's the same age as you, he probably doesn't have any savings. and I don't know a guy that age who'd willingly live in a spare room with their sister, and ruin their sex life and privacy.

• Are you only 19 years old sweety?

• He needs to man up and learn to take responsibility. Pregnancy is not easy, you need all the support you can get. Spend time with family and friends whom you trust, pray for healing and a healthy baby, it will get better with time. Oh and don't forget to sue him for child maintenance.