How do guys deal with breakups?

I just want to know how guys deal with breakups. My ex of 7 years broke things off and I had a really hard time... still do. But he just goes from girl to girl. He still tries to keep me on the line, but I've been really backing off. He tells me about all these different girls but if I mention a guy it seems to bother him. Are guys just able to move on like nothing ever happened or do they hide their "post-breakup" feelings?

46

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how close or deep the connection was. Taken me nearly a year & I'm still not there yet. I still think of her everyday, but wish I didn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's going through a few rebound girls, he's probably in just as much pain as you, he's just coping with it differently

What Guys Said 5

• Some guys are able to move on like nothing happened. That doesn't mean that's a good thing - at least for them. Although, it's a good thing for you especially if you find out that he's bouncing from one woman to the next. It means he's a player and has no clear understanding of commitment/relationships.

• How long ago did he break it off?

• That whole friend thing is for the birds. If he wants to be friends he is being very selfish. He hurt me a lot. He seems to get bothered if I talk about a guy but he tells me about his little escapades.

• Then I would cut him out of your life. Tell him he is no longer welcome in your home. If you are still on somewhat good terms with him, then tell him that you need more space from him and that he can't come over that much any more and that he can't call you that much anymore. Yes, he sounds selfish.

• To quote a Comedian: Men don't have a "three day eat cookies and cry" period. We have a two minute "Sleep with a girl that looks just like you, just to prove how much we don't need you" period.

• I just stopped dating. Now I feel like dating will be pointless and don't expect much. I'm waiting until more girls fi d me appealing. I'm not what girls at this age are looking for.

• No I don't think my ex left me she know that I do hard time n she is the same like it boyfriend going to guys to guys without any feeling just into 2 month infound her on okcupid

• I personally take them with grace. I don't really mind.

What Girls Said 3

• my ex boyfriend did the same thing a few months after the break-up. He went on and on about the amount of girls he was dating and how awesome one of the girls was. A few months later, the dude gained 60+ lbs and grew a homeless-looking beard. We all cope in different ways.

• Oh I am dealing with it right now... i totally understand
    -play sad song
    -watch romantic comedy
    -cry some more
    -gag some more
    -eat ice cream and food
    Than you hit the phase of I am too numb and sad at life to care anymore.

• I am so happy after many months of searching the internet for a perfect spell caster to get my lover back i came across this great spell caster called Dr. Jesu and his contact details are: ((jesutemple7@gmail. com)) and When i contacted Dr. Jesu i was not sure if he could get my lover back to me because i have contacted some other spell casters before none was able to get my lover but just within 48 hours that i contacted Dr. Jesu my lover came back to me immediately