Ex adds you to Facebook out of the blue?

When I left my ex I told her to never ever contact me again. Two months later she adds me on Facebook. She could have added me on Facebook the whole time we were together but didn't nor did I just because I didn't feel the need. So I ask her what the purpose of this friend request and her response is that it's just Facebook and didn't think there needed to be a reason. Even though I told her to never contact me again she did it anyway. That's not something someone forgets when they tell you that they never ever want to talk to you again.

Is she just stupid or is there more to it?

60

Most Helpful Girl

• one work creeping :P

my ex did this I found out through mutual friends that he refriended me to see my profile see if I was dating someone and just to see what I was up too. I also told him to never talk to me again and never come anywhere near me ever. He didn't forget he just waited till he thought I wouldn't mind. Granted it could be different but people are naturally curious. Good luck I would just ignore the request don't even dignify it with a response of any kind pretend she doesn't exist. don't talk to me means don't talk to me - yes it is hard but If you had cause to say it then stand by it

What Girls Said 5

• It isn't about being stupid.

Obviously, you're not going anywhere with this girl so whatever the reason just deny the request. She is no longer your problem. If she wants a reason, let her know it's called a Friends List and make it clear that you two are not friends, nor do you want to be.

And then forget about it. There's only so much negativity a 2 month post relationship should consider :9

• That's what I was thinking, it's called a friends list for a reason. I thought I made it clear that we weren't going to be friends after by saying don't ever contact me again.

• That's stupid, when you add someone there IS a reason, so I would ignore the request. She most likely misses you and if you miss her at all too I'd talk to her other wise I'd ignore her request and be like "Obviously you didn't understand what no contact means, bye."

• well first of all I think telling someone to never contact you ever again is a little harsh... girls are very delicate. When me and my boyfriend broke up it was so hard and not talking to him made me feel like it had all never happened. It's just really hard. She probably just wants to at least be able to know your still there. she might still have feelings for you.. She isn't stupid just for adding you on Facebook.

• I agree it's harsh, but the point was because I wanted to feel like it had never happened. You're right, girls are very delicate. When I tried to break up with her before she has told me that she will never forget me, and didn't want to stop talking to me in the fear that I might do the same.

• Oh I forgot to add that it's possible too that she wants to know I'm still here...after all she was fantastic at stringing me along. My friend said it might be an ego thing for her.

• Ok I understand now that you didn't want to talk to her and her stringing you along.. you should just deny the request and don't think about it. no one deserves to be treated bad in a relationship.

• she probably wanted to check out where your at in life! with Facebook you can't see someones in like if there in a relationship etc unless your a friend so there's a possible reason!

• If the persons profile is private then you have to add them if not you could see it but I think she still has feelings for you and who knows maybe she's trying to come back to you slowly

• There's more to it. In my opinion I think that she's still not over you and she's trying to get closer to you little by little to get to your heart.

• Is it possible that she's still not over me? She did choose to be with another guy over me.

What Guys Said 0