Finding someone worth your time, but they live 45 minutes away?

Met a girl :)

Hung out a few times when she was in town. She lives about 30-45 minutes away though. So not really "long distance"

currently just getting to know each other, but do you think only seeing someone once a week or so can ever turn into anything? Would certainly move a lot slower. Which is not a bad thing I guess.

We text, would rather talk on phone, but can't when at work or in classes. she lives in a small-nothing to do town, and I'm in the small city next door fun stuff do. Either I drive there and back twice. or she does once. she hates driving

62

Most Helpful Girl

• Things can develop if you develop them. My husband and I spent the first half of our relationship as a non-married couple only seeing each other once every 3 to 9 months. You'll never know if you don't try. If she is worth your time, then she is also worth the effort :)

What Girls Said 5

• I first met my boyfriend when I was working 45 minutes (1 hour and 30 minute drive with traffic) away from my house. Now he lives 30 minutes away but he'll be moving so the drive will now be 45 minutes. We have been together for almost a year now and we talk on the phone almost every day or we talk on Skype at least 3 times a week. For a long time I only saw him once a week for one day, and now I STILL only see him at most twice a week but usually it's one time for two days. I think it's made us closer as a couple because we're not constantly in each others business. We both have our own lives, our own hobbies, and our own time apart. I like it that way.

• When I first met my current boyfriend, we lived 75 miles apart and only saw each other on weekends and sometimes every other.. Its been 2 years and we just bought a house together, I've never been happier. I'd say yes its worth it

• It can turn into anything if you and her both work together as a team to make the effort.

• Me and my boyfriend live about 45 min aways as well. yeah seeing someone once a week could turn into someting. But you should at least talk on the phone twice a week. Me and my boyfriend skype. You should try it if you have a webcam and its free.

• My fiance lives 45-60 minutes away. Don't give up. Its hard sometimes but on the weekend when you do see them your both so excited.

What Guys Said 2

• 45 minutes is nothing. The last girl I was dating it took me about that long to get to her place, and I live in a city with a good public transit system.

If this is a big deal, either you're not that into her or you should work on making the time you do have together extra awesome :)

• Those few times you do see her should entice the both of you to make a better effort. If you realize your both falling into a routine, and no one has been aggressive. It's safe to say it's not going to work out with this one. There has to be chemistry and a desire to make more time.