I have a new boyfriend but now my ex wants me back. What do I do?

me and my ex have been together 3 different times in the past year. we broke up 3 weeks ago and I immediately got a new boyfriend. this new boyfriend has been my best friend for quite a few months now and was there for me every time something happened between me and the ex. me and the new boyfriend have been together for almost 3 weeks now and I couldn't have been happier with him. then two nights ago he came over to "visit with my parents" and he ended up staying until almost 5 in the morning. he told me he still loves me and that he wanted me back but that I was worth waiting for so he would wait until the end of school to get back with me when the new boyfriend graduated so that he wouldn't be there during the week to tempt me again. the ex is graduated and almost 4 years older than me. he has a work schedule where he goes to work when I get out of school and doesn't get out of work until 4 in the morning. I hardly ever get to see him but on the weekends when I got to see him it was amazing. the new boyfriend is so amazingly sweet that its almost to good to be true. he treats me amazing and loves me for who I am. I have these two guys in love with me and don't want to hurt either. what should I do?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• WAIT!

No offense, but I had a hard time understanding what you wrote. You have to be more focused; if your talking about your Ex- indicate your talking about your Ex-, talk and get him out the way. If your talking about Current, indicate your talking about Current and talk and get him out the way.

You don't have two guys in-love with you, your in-love with two guys. I love the female mind.

One guy will do anything for you. The other will say anything to have you. I don't know how to tell you to figure it out. Because, you claimed your dating your "best friend of quiet a few months." People don't become best friends in a few months, it takes years. No, it takes more than years, it takes some kind crude awakening. Some tremendously mind blowing sh*t and he/she was their for you through thick and thin.

How ever, I don't think either is right for you. Simply because you can't understand them. One's a roller coaster (the Ex-) who can't guarantee you that you'll see his face tomorrow. The other is just weird in my definition, simply because he's planning out his moves and dictating them to you. Unless that was the Ex-, then he's just unfit.

*Lmfao! at this point I went to finish what you wrote because I couldn't understand you at first

Well, what I caught was how great the new boyfriend is. And here I am talking about what an d*** the old boyfriend was. You have your answer. New Boyfriend. Old Boyfriend needs to learn from New Boyfriend. =)

Hope this Helped

What Guys Said 5

• Follow your heart. Who do you think you will be happier with? There are many things to look at, but you will figure out with help from your heart.

• Hmm, while I'm not necessarily against young dating older, obviously something isn't working between you and the ex (or whatever he is lol) If it didn't work the first, second, or third time, what makes you think the forth time will? Isn't it THIRD times the charm? hehe. Just playin with ya. But seriously though, I think you should break it off completely with the 4 years older ex, not because of age, but because it obviously doesn't work, and see how things go with the new guy. I don't know how old you are, but depending, maybe try dating someone in the same grade, to avoid these issues. As for the main suggestion of taking the ex out of the picture, be strong, and explain it's obviously not working out, and it's time to move on. Sorry if I'm rambling a bit, haven't slept in over 24 hours. lol. Well, that's my thoughts on the issue. :P

• Im 16. thanks for the thoughts. but now the ex has told me he wants to give me a ring. oh well...i guess I will take it hour by hour (cuz I day is to long to plan for) and see where both take me

• Sorry it's been a while, I've been up in the hospital. But DEFINITELY don't take a ring from the ex. Like someone else said, jealousy kicked in, and now he's trying to keep you all to himself period. I think you just need to take some time to yourself really. No dationg, just chill and worry about life and school. Bein a teen can be a b**ch as it is. lol

• theres a reason why you got a new boyfriend.

theres a reason why you are not with the old boyfriend.

one of them makes you happier than the other.

i can't tell you what to do but I will say to go with your heart.

if your heart says go with the new boyfriend go with the boyfriend.

if your heart says go with the old boyfriend go with the old boyfriend.

do what makes you happy, what your heart tells you.

if someone says they love you even if you aren't with them they will still be your friend.

i hope this helps.

• Well one guy who has hurt you repeatedly or a new boyfriend who is everything you dreamed of...gee I can't decided

• he wants you back because you have a new boyfriend...don't fall for it...be happy and move forward

• Well I kinda left him for the new boyfriend because I cheated on him with the new bf. my mistake but the ex knew I was already with someone new

What Girls Said 2

• I'd stay with the new boyfriend. He respects you, and after three tries with the same guys ther's nothing there. You still have feelings for the ex, I know. But it's better this way.

• ...

this is quite easy, don't go back to your ex, because seems to me like, you got hurt a lot (emotionally) from ur ex. and that ur happier with ur new one (the best friend)