Ex boyfriend doesn't love me anymore but I want him back?

Looking for advice. I was with my ex for 6 months and we fell fast in love, we both told one another we were the one and we talked about forever, marriage and children. I had a ton of trust issues and anxiety, every time I would get drunk I would lash out and call him names but he would forgive me hours later. On Canada day I did the same thing and I asked him if he was done he said yes and left. We woke up that day so in love and then Sunday night he was saying it was over for sure and that he didn't love me anymore. I gave him a month of space and we just spoke again. He said I pushed him away that I destroyed all his feelings for me. That he stayed because he loved me but that's gone now. I fully realize what I have done and I'm in counselling for my issues. I love this man tho and I want another shot, I don't understand that you can promise someone forever but give up like that. My question is if it was meant to be would he not be here? If I was truly his soul mate would he not want to try again? It's brutal that there is so much here and I think if we had another chance we could have what we always wanted. I realize everyone has limits and I pushed him to his. I just figured if I was the one he would never go.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• https://i.redd.it/kmuil2w54kpy.jpg

Everyone goes in a relationship thinking that person is the one, they will love forever, is a soulmate and all that. It's all talk. You don't know someone is your soulmate until you or them leave earth and you were still with them. 6 months isn't going to tell you that. See it as a lesson learned and let him be.

• Yea all talk he did but his actions are saying otherwise

• We all make mistakes you realized it. Own up to it, and then fixed it. I applaud you bettering yourself. I just saying most likely he won't be back but you can take what you learned and use it to value the next guy.

• I for sure realize it and I'm fixing things for myself so it doesn't happen again but I don't want anyone else 😔

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's your soul mate, then you need to give it time. He may not just come running back to you the moment you want him to. It sounds like you put him through a lot, and he may just need time to re develop feelings for you. If this doesn't happen, then I guess it wasn't meant to be.

• Thank you

• I did put him through a lot but I still think if he meant all the things he said he would be here. He put me through a lot too with leaving and promising forever and I'm still willing to give it a shot

What Guys Said 3

• Man got patience and his was crossed so hard that i think it's unfixable. How about you move one and learn from that experience for the experiences which comes next :)

• Welll honestly I've been in ur place and something similar happened to me. We were together for about 2 years and she made me feel things I've never felt before and one day we fought and she just broke up. And all the things u said we said to. In my opinion just give it time and try to get over him. They say If u love a person let him go. Cuz If they come back they love you

• Thank you and I'm trying to let him go but it's so hard. I just feel like I was promised things but when it got hard he bailed and how does one day change your love for someone?

• Good to hear 😙😙😙😙 I'm sure things will work out for you

• I hope so thank you

• If you have a common friend, ask him/her to plead on your behalf for another shot

• He knows I want another shot we just spoke the other day and he replied to my text once but then went silent

• Wait and see, if he does not contact you, forget him&carry on

What Girls Said 2

• Why would you want someone who doesn't want you?

• I know but I still care a lot but I shouldn't

• Guess he is the one who's missing out on a lot and he may always wonder what could of been if he took the shot. I'm very loyal and he loved my family and did so I guess he missed out

• I think say what you really want him to know and then give him some time he'll come around. I had a similar situation took some time and he came around.

• Yes I've made sure I've told him. I said I loved him and he knows how sorry I am and I said I wouldn't stop and that if he meant forever we would get together again but even if we did a ton of resentment and trust would have to be worked out but I'd be willing to do all that if he was truly the one. People get over resentment from cheating so

• He sure knows how I feel. He knows I love him

• Ok then I guess just be patient and give him some time