Ex slept with someone else soon after breakup?

My ex and I broke up for about a month after being together for a year and a half. He slept with someone else during the one month (ish) period we were broken up. Though I had expected/hoped we'd get back together, I don't think he thought we could work things out and I think he saw the breakup as final. Now he wants to get back together and though he originally lied, he came clean admitting he had slept with someone else he met on an dating app after we broke up in an effort to try to move on/get over me, but realized he couldn't get over me and that he only wanted to be with me. He apparently slept with this woman twice and hung out with her a handful of times. I didn't hookup or date anyone else during the breakup, and I really expected he wouldn't either. Should I be able to forgive him? Is the relationship irreparable now? I didn't think I would be able to forgive him if he had slept with other people after breaking up, which is why I didn't want to break up in the first place.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You broke up. So both of you can enjoy gangbangs freely. Thats the point if breaking up. So if you accuse him of sleeping around, your argument is invalid. Anyways. Its up to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you leave him? If so, it's just a rebound.

Did he leave you? If so, he wanted her all along, but didn't want to "cheat".

I had a guy for that to me once. He wanted me, but he was in a relationship. He left his girlfriend, which I didn't even know about, dated me long enough to get it, then was back with her literally the next day.

What Guys Said 3

• You broke up. Anything that he does after that is irrelevant to you and vice versa. If someone wants to try to mend things now, you either are ok with that or not... and that makes the decision for you easy.

• same story as yours, except that one time turned into another relationship. run. if he really cared he wouldn't have doe it, as well it will blight your time with him and wear you down.

• You were broken up and it was fair game. If you did the same shot your girlfriends would say he's a dick for not forgiving you

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!