My ex is confused and doesn't know what he wants. How do I not let him have his cake and eat it too?

My ex broke up with me because he needs to figure out if our relationship is right for him. I guess I kinda understand because we are young and I really don't want to force him into a relationship that he doesn't want to be in and not let him get out and figure things out and meet other girls. what makes guys and girls confused about what is right for them in life when they have such an amazing thing going?

But I also am desperately trying not to let him have his cake and eat it too and have me as a back up plan, which I think I am getting better at. But how can I make sure I don't let him have his cake and eat it too? sometimes I feel like the only thing to do is disappear and let him finally miss me and appreciate what he has because I don't doubt that he will. but its really hard and scary to do that because I really love him. And also when did you figure out what you wanted in life?

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• DISAPPEAR AND LET HIM MISS YOU

• Im scared hell just forget

• YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO LOVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TO WALK AWAY AND DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU. IF HE FORGETS THEN HE WASNT WORTH IT ANYWAY. IF HE IS REALLY THE ONE THEN HE WONT FORGET YOU

• your right you guys are young... so why should your life have to be put on hold because he can't make up his mind. one thing I know is one thing guys respond to is NO CONTACT. they are so used to girls giving them attention when they push away, so if you do the opposite it will get him thinking that he might be losing you. the one thing you have to realize is that you might lose him, and you have to be ok with that and stay strong. I'm sorry but if he has any doubts about being with you that's not a good sign. my advice is to put yourself first and if you feel like you are not being treated the way you should be then maybe its time you find someone else. trust me no one is worth putting your life on hold for.